Thread: LSA Swap in Chevy Colorado Class 2 Serial

Tuner in Training

LSA Swap in Chevy Colorado Class 2 Serial

Hello,
    I'm about to start swapping an LSA based Gen IV engine into my 2005 Colorado. Here are my ECM goals:

I want to use a 6.0 with the LSA blower on it with a 6L80E behind it.
    E67 ecm with LSA programming if possible to run intercooler pump, IAT 2 sensor, etc...
    Still have it work with colorado gauges, cruise, AC, starter switch, stock gas pedal, etc...
    I ordered a ZL1 camaro harness and plan to re-work it myself

I was in contact with someone from the Colorado forums that wants me to buy a harness from him and pay to have him tune everything. I can't justify doing that with the budget that I am on and I am capable to building a harness. I also don't want to have him do my tune since I have HP tuners and then he will lock the tune when he is done.

Here is some information that he sent me:
    "I'm 99% positive I can use a 2009-2014 LS9 vette or LSA CTS-v file, and turn on class 2 gauges, and class 2 starting, plus Colorado cruise switch, and gas pedal. This would then be setup for 6L80E/6L90E, as that's what was, behind the LSA if it was an automatic. All I know is that I had my truck mostly wired for a 2009 Colorado, and after my programming changes it ran on a 2009 ZR1 LS9 manual trans vette operating system Without changing the wiring. I got codes for the IAT, and boost pump, missing, so that's good. I suspect I'd just have to add the wires for the Boost, intercooler pump ,Iat, according to the 2009 vette diagram, and it would likely work."

I don't think he wants to give much more info than that.

My question is: what do I need to do to get a LSA operating system to work with serial communications for a 2005 Colorado. I'm hoping it's just a simple settings option, but I didn't really find anything while looking through HP Tuners last night.

Thanks for any help!

Tuner
    I am looking for the exact same things, did you get any headway on this ?

Worst case we just have to run the Colorado os and just run iat1 sensor in the blower

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HyeSpeeder View Post
    I am looking for the exact same things, did you get any headway on this ?

Worst case we just have to run the Colorado os and just run iat1 sensor in the blower
    Yep that's what I ended up doing.

I am in a similar boat. Want to use LSA OS with 2008 Chevy TBSS. Sounds like you guys are using OE OS. Any leads or tips to go in the LSA OS direction? I am willing to spend some time and energy on this.

Bump.

Looking for have a E67 with 2.5 Bar MAP - Speed Density (E38/E67 ECM) enhancement (LSA/LS9) play nice with Class 2 in a 2008 GMT-360.

Anyone know if it's possible?

lstoys, would you be willing to provide the contact info for the guy on Colorado Forum?

Potential Tuner
    bum need more info on this

Tuner in Training
    Bump, need help on this one too. I am trying to run 04 Colorado with gen 4 58x 6.0 and 6L80e behind it. I just don't know where to pin class 2 serial data or how to make it work with e67 pcm!!!