Thread: Not able to make any changes to TCM. 2005 Chrysler 300c. Why not?

Not able to make any changes to TCM. 2005 Chrysler 300c. Why not?

Hey guys. Not sure what is going on here but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am trying to tune a friends 300C and the engine tune writes perfectly but any changes I make to the TCM doesn't seem to actually change anything. I "write Entire" since that is the only option it gives me and the system does its thing but once the tune is written and I start the car for a drive the trans acts exactly as it did with the stock tune. No changes whatsoever. I've tried multiple tunes and nothing works.

Does anyone know what this issue would be or why this isn't working?

Tuner in Training

Hp tuners doesnt "work" on lots of older chrysler

Quote Originally Posted by ccrane0044 View Post
    Hey guys. Not sure what is going on here but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am trying to tune a friends 300C and the engine tune writes perfectly but any changes I make to the TCM doesn't seem to actually change anything. I "write Entire" since that is the only option it gives me and the system does its thing but once the tune is written and I start the car for a drive the trans acts exactly as it did with the stock tune. No changes whatsoever. I've tried multiple tunes and nothing works.

Does anyone know what this issue would be or why this isn't working?

So i have a 04 Ram i asked all the correct questions and was told it would do all of what i asked, well it dont. they dont even answser any more questions on old rams. nthe 545 rfe trans doesnt show up at all on the list. doesnt read knock or injector info. cant tune much with out those. I was suspicious that it was not actually doing anything so i added 20 degrees of timing to all charts i drove the truck for 2 days this should have made it run bad at the very least, nada. there were i few moments that i thought it ran better but that happens when i catch a cool patch of air. But there is good news, i could actually change the idle rpm.............just try that so you do know it is changing some thing. as far as write only mine just started that but it will eventually allow me to change it to calibration only which is really fast, of course that could be because its not doing anything,

Tuner in Training
    as posted in the other thread you have an EGS52 TCM which isn't supported for tuning. You need an EGS53 from an 07 or later

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GFB Performance View Post
    as posted in the other thread you have an EGS52 TCM which isn't supported for tuning. You need an EGS53 from an 07 or later
    EGS52's are supported for tuning - at least the few I have modified and the one I currently run.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    EGS52's are supported for tuning - at least the few I have modified and the one I currently run.
    Any idea why I can communicate with the TCM on my friends '05 300C?