Thread: LS2 starts will not run

Potential Tuner

LS2 starts will not run

Hi all and Anyone,
    Just fitted supercharger, cam, heads, extractors then usual make you happy goodies.
    Problem is that starts but will not run. it only fires on the fuel put into it for start up then dies.
    I have checked earths, connections, system power.
    2 bar
    I have on the dash contact dealer, low power mode.
    it only run for a few seconds then dies of from lack off fuel.
    it shows no oil pressure on the in car gauges.
    VE2 Clubby COMPARE FILE ONLY.hpt
    can anyone help me with this?
    Glenn
    Last edited by Chubby Clubby; 06-11-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Glenn, have you got the tune that's in the car now as is mate?, makes things abit easier to help etc Cheers Bret

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    Glenn, have you got the tune that's in the car now as is mate?, makes things abit easier to help etc Cheers Bret
    Hi Bret, the one attached to the post is the current one in the car.
    thanks
    glenn

MAF or no MAF?

If no maf you need to set the MAF fail high to 2hz and the low fail to 1hz, then set the 3 MAF dtc's to fail on first error to default straight to speed density.

What MAP sensor are you using? Never seen one of the settings like that before.

You should't max out the injector flow rate table like that. If the injectors are larger than 63.5lb/hr you need to use the double stoich, half the IFR and IVT terms to keep things in order.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    No MAF
    90lb injectors
    made the MAF fail changes still tells me contact dealer, reduced power mode, safe mode
    it fires but shuts down will not run

Advanced Tuner
    Relink vats?

Potential Tuner
    did the VATS relink and still no go starts runs for a few seconds and then shuts down VCM no fucken help

Advanced Tuner
    Glenn, I think its fuel related buddy....The VE Map looks like it could do with some fuel put into it mate..Have you made those adjustments as 5FDP suggested for your 90lb inectors, if it starts and runs for 1-2sec and shuts off sounds like fuel to me (not enough)..If haven't done the Double stoich/halve IFR/ Adjust IVT Accordingly I would make those changes ASAP, cause I noticed on your Engine Diag TAB (DTC PO 171/172/174/175) You have turned off the SES for them which indicates LEAN Banks, you shouldn't do that mate, find out why its doing it and adjust accordingly then turn back on, I do think you should setup the Injectors properly and make some changes to the VE Map and fire it up and see , I do think with those sorted and VE Map adjusted it will fire up and run...You also said something about oil pressure to the gauges, are you logging pressure ?

Senior Tuner
    also u need to raise the "max fail" in effective area from 60 to like 250 or so that will help the TB adjust for enough air when the maf is failed, that can stop the engine on a cold start it will get cranking air but then sometimes cant hold it up in run mode, this will help with the other changes as mentioned in above posts need to set the injectors up right