Thread: AEM wideband problem

Tuner in Training

AEM wideband problem

So i have a AEM gauge reading so rich that i can't even see the numbers on the gauge at wot but my log is reading fine 11.4 and the car feels pretty good the only time that's doing that it's at wot everything else seems to match pretty good

11.4 is just a commanded AFR, not actual.

So if your commanded AFR is not matching your actual you have a lot of tuning to do still. That is if your wideband is accurate. Remove 5% worth of fuel from whatever you are using, the VE or MAF curve and make a pull. If the wideband starts going back into the low 10's instead of pegging it rich, you know that is was over fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Actually on my log my commanded AFR and my AEM match pretty close, but when I'm at WOT and i look at the actual wideband GAUGE it's pegging rich

So u need to get the tuner out and do some wot pulls record data go home sit down and tune till it is right bigger numbers for more fuel smaller for less its that easy just dont blow it up. If ure having trouble post your tune and we can help u a bit k your pal boostbuick

Tuner in Training
    That's exactly what I'm doing but the logs shows that everything is good but when I look at the gauge it's rich so with that being said if I post a tune it will look right

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    That's exactly what I'm doing but the logs shows that everything is good but when I look at the gauge it's rich so with that being said if I post a tune it will look right
    Post up a log that you have. Then we can go from that, to see whats going on.

Tuner in Training

Advanced Tuner
    So your wideband on the scan is showing a little bit richer than your commanded 11.5. But the gauge reads --- when at WOT?

So is the gauge reading and the scan reading the same at idle?

It might be that the wideband is not setup correctly in the scan side. So verify that afr on the gauge matches the scan afr in HPT.

Just have to throw this out there to make sure it isn't something simple. You do actually have AEM Wideband # 30-4110 gauge, right? Cause that is what gauge you have in HPT's scan.

Did you use the default translate settings for the AEM 30-4110 gauge that is already setup in HPT Scanner? Or did you create your own?

Also verify the connection of the wires from the gauge to your HPT interface are secured properly.

Tuner in Training
    U can't really see what the gauge is reading because it's so rich at WOT but at idle and cruising around it matches the log good

Advanced Tuner
    not sure if you using the analog wires or not, but if you are. swap them around.

i've found if you get them wrong. you will read a lot leaner than actual.

I would put money on the gauge being correct.