Thread: ''Unlicensed Vehicle''

''Unlicensed Vehicle''

Hi everyone,

Here my problem: This week, i changed the PCM with my 2004 Impala SS. Why ?

I had an issue the last week after i have reprogrammed (reflash), the engine start and shut off suddently. I restarted the engine and same thing, shut off suddently...
    Check engine light = Yes, with the code P0601 for ''Internal Control Modul Memory Check Sum Error''.

After some reading on the internet, probably a bad situation for me...

The next day, i decided to buy another PCM to ZZP (thanks for the support Kyle). PCM received this wednesday and put in the car thrusday and running perfectly. After that, i plug my laptop with HP Tuners Pro Version 3.2.9 and i decide to make a save file from the ZZP program, after that i want to put my program named ''PX1'' so, i open my file ''PX1'' and i select ''Write Vehicle''. A dialog box opens to choose ''Write'' (like normal) but after one or two second, the statut displays ''Unlicensed Vehicle'' and no possibility to change that, just close the file...

I read on other forum similar problems, but i have not found solution for that so, this is why i do this post here.

ZZP put the VIN number of my car inside the ZZP PCM.

Must i use another credit for that and how much ?

If someone can help me, i would be very grateful to him

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix68 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Here my problem: This week, i changed the PCM with my 2004 Impala SS. Why ?

I had an issue the last week after i have reprogrammed (reflash), the engine start and shut off suddently. I restarted the engine and same thing, shut off suddently...
    Check engine light = Yes, with the code P0601 for ''Internal Control Modul Memory Check Sum Error''.

After some reading on the internet, probably a bad situation for me...

The next day, i decided to buy another PCM to ZZP (thanks for the support Kyle). PCM received this wednesday and put in the car thrusday and running perfectly. After that, i plug my laptop with HP Tuners Pro Version 3.2.9 and i decide to make a save file from the ZZP program, after that i want to put my program named ''PX1'' so, i open my file ''PX1'' and i select ''Write Vehicle''. A dialog box opens to choose ''Write'' (like normal) but after one or two second, the statut displays ''Unlicensed Vehicle'' and no possibility to change that, just close the file...

I read on other forum similar problems, but i have not found solution for that so, this is why i do this post here.

ZZP put the VIN number of my car inside the ZZP PCM.

Must i use another credit for that and how much ?

If someone can help me, i would be very grateful to him

Thanks.
    It doesn't register a PCM by the vin. Every PCM used takes 2 credits.
    Since you have registered your old tune (assuming) you could register the PCM and write entire it to the new PCM. Again, takes two credits.

Yup, what he said. It's a totally different computer, you have to license that computer before you can do anything with it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks all, i'll try that.

It's working, thanks to you.