Thread: 3.6 scanner issues

3.6 scanner issues

Anybody else having issues with the scanner either freezing or PIDS quit scanning for no reason while in a scanning session. I have to close the program and relaunch and reconnect to the car to get all scanning again.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    Anybody else having issues with the scanner either freezing or PIDS quit scanning for no reason while in a scanning session. I have to close the program and relaunch and reconnect to the car to get all scanning again.
    Had that problem with 3.4xxx, haven't used 3.6 enough to know. But thanks, guess they didn't fix anything. I did one better though, the first time I scanned with 3.6 it didn't just freeze, the whole scanner disappeared and my shortcuts rearranged themselves.

I uninstalled my 3.6 and reinstalled 3.4.89 this afternoon. I did send hp support my logs and channel list.

Quote Originally Posted by benf View Post
    I am having major issues as well, primarily with mopar logging. Pids are way out of whack, and I dont have time to mess around with the scanner. I backed up to 3.4 and 3.5 beta and am awaiting HPT to work out the kinks before going back to 3.6. Imho, dunno what they did, but its terrible.

1.0.hpl
    Last edited by Player3; 06-14-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Player3 View Post
    I am having major issues as well, primarily with mopar logging. Pids are way out of whack, and I dont have time to mess around with the scanner. I backed up to 3.4 and 3.5 beta and am awaiting HPT to work out the kinks before going back to 3.6. Imho, dunno what they did, but its terrible.

1.0.hpl
    I do not believe the scanning has changed for mopar from 3.4 to 3.6, so it's unlikely you'll gain anything by going back to 3.4, and it's likely the issue still exists there.

What is your support ticket # for this issue?

Also, you're logging a ton of parameters. It's likely many of your parameters are taking 5+ seconds between intervals because of how big the queue would be to scan all of those parameters. See here: http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-sca...-overview.html
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I do not believe the scanning has changed for mopar from 3.4 to 3.6, so it's unlikely you'll gain anything by going back to 3.4, and it's likely the issue still exists there.

What is your support ticket # for this issue?

Also, you're logging a ton of parameters. It's likely many of your parameters are taking 5+ seconds between intervals because of how big the queue would be to scan all of those parameters. See here: http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-sca...-overview.html
    Hey Keith, If you looked at the log you can see most of the pids are showing completely obscene values. When I go back to 3.4, the scanner shows all of these values correctly. Whatever has changed between 3.4 and 3.6, I do not know. However, that log is a result. I have zero issues logging all of these pids in 3.4 which is why I rolled back. I have no open tickets, just waiting for the issues to be identified and fixed before I go back to 3.6 for now.

Edit: Here is a data log on another GC SRT8, after rolling back to 3.4, using the same pid channels 3.2.hpl
    Last edited by Player3; 06-14-2017 at 11:00 AM.

If you want the issue to be fixed, you'll need to open up a support ticket.

Potential Tuner
    Having the same Issue with completely obscene values when logging a 07 CG SRT with 3.6 software,,, even downloaded latest rev today and loaded on another laptop and same results. New user so I don't have previous 3.4 to even try.
    Has anyone found a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by NoTimeSRT View Post
    Having the same Issue with completely obscene values when logging a 07 CG SRT with 3.6 software,,, even downloaded latest rev today and loaded on another laptop and same results. New user so I don't have previous 3.4 to even try.
    Has anyone found a solution?
    The solution will requiring opening up a support ticket so we can look into your specific issue.

We're pretty good about getting the issues reported to support fixed.. Sometimes it takes a bit of time depending on the issue, however, if they're not reported to support, there is very slim chance they will be fixed.. so you'll end up seeing the same issue in 3.8, 3.10, etc..

Mine doesn't work right, either.

Two questions:
    How do you reinstall a previous version of VCM Suite?
    How do you open a support ticket?
    2004 Dodge Durango, 5.7L Hemi, 10:1 compression
    -SRT8 cam, advanced 6 degrees, 6.1L valve springs
    -Manley pushrods
    -Scat rods, Speed Pro pistons

2004 Dodge Durango, 392 Stroker, 11:1 compression
    -Custom cam grind, 221/230, .575"/.585", 115 LSA, 3 degrees advanced)
    -Scat forged 4.05" crank, Scat Ultra Q-Lite H-beams, Mahle forged pistons
    -Stock heads with 6.1L valves (2.08", 1.60"), bowl work to match new seat profiles
    -PSI LS1511 valve springs

Email [email protected] to get a ticket started. You should get an auto response email back.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock