Thread: gmpp ls3 high idle

Potential Tuner

gmpp ls3 high idle

New to gen4 ecm cant get the thing to idle below 850 rpms. Its all stock straight from the crate runs good just want it to idle around 700.
    Attached Files Attached Files

looks good. check for air leak. added air can raise the idle

Ive run in to this before with the GMPP controller as well as others on here, best I can conclude is its some sort or hardware or software issue that we don't know about yet. You can log desired idle speed and it will reflect what you have put in your idle tables but still idles high(annoying). Idle airflow min seems to have almost no affect on blade position also, like the TAC has a mind of its own lol. You will also notice the over/under spark tables are not using timing to lower the idle speed, typically on a 38/67 if TPS is open too much timing will be very low and its not. Maybe there is a table we don't have access to and support might know more about this.
    99' SS LSR 388 twin ETR billet 76s, glide, etc
    06' C6 Z06 885rwhp/796rwtq [email protected] E85 940/840
    07' TBSS Turbocharged 6 psi 525/505
    16' C7Z A8 Stock blower slow street car 815 RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    This shouldn't be an unfixable issue. Like I said to the OP in this other thread, start with a good log with the right PIDs. There are other tables besides the min air tables that control the blade position obviously. Let's see what the logs show first.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...Throttle-Decay

LS3 Channel gmtech.Channels.xml

LS3 Charts gmtech.Charts.xml

LS3 layout gmtech.Layout.xml
    Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    This shouldn't be an unfixable issue. Like I said to the OP in this other thread, start with a good log with the right PIDs. There are other tables besides the min air tables that control the blade position obviously. Let's see what the logs show first.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...Throttle-Decay

LS3 Channel gmtech.Channels.xml

LS3 Charts gmtech.Charts.xml

LS3 layout gmtech.Layout.xml

Any Progress on this issue?

I have a LS376/525 and i have just swapped the cam for to the standard LS3. However after allot of work remapping for the CAM i cant get it to idle below 950 rpm....

When i select drive (6l80e) and start rolling forward the idle speed drops to the desired 550-600 rpm but as soon as i select park it jumps back to 950 rpm.

Is there something built into the GMPP ECU that cannot be modified using HP Tuners?

Potential Tuner
    I've made some progress for those with GMPP engines with high idle speeds!

Ive just downloaded a gmpp LS376/430 file from HP tuners - Tune repository - i did a slightly unorthodox tune because I wrote the entire file to my ECU.

(my ECU is a LS376/525 and ive swapped the LS3 525hp hot cam for the standard 430 hp gmpp LS3 cam to improve fuel economy, reduced noise, 6L80e is no longer trying to pull - drag the car forward at idle in drive).

The idle speed is now sitting at 550 rpm instead of 950 rpm.

Im currently working on Fuel/Spark/Air ratios etc, so that it's setup for my engine configuration.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2abel View Post

Ive just downloaded a gmpp LS376/430 file from HP tuners - Tune repository - i did a slightly unorthodox tune because I wrote the entire file to my ECU.

(my ECU is a LS376/525 and ive swapped the LS3 525hp hot cam for the standard 430 hp gmpp LS3 cam to improve fuel economy, reduced noise, 6L80e is no longer trying to pull - drag the car forward at idle in drive).

Im currently working on Fuel/Spark/Air ratios etc, so that it's setup for my engine configuration.

I'm having this same problem. Exactly which tune is it in the repository? thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2abel View Post

Thank you!

I did as you suggested; put GMPP 430 tune on a GMPP 525 controller with write entire. Idle rpm adjustments do work now nicely.

Advanced Tuner
    Cool info. I?ll try this on the LS3/480 I worked on this month after the customer moves his air intake to a cooler air location.
    Ron

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    Cool info. I?ll try this on the LS3/480 I worked on this month after the customer moves his air intake to a cooler air location.
    Ron
    Please do so. The GMPP LS3 file is in the tune repository. Just search "GMPP" and you'll find it.

Just don't leave the stock 550 rpm for the idle target with 525 hp LS camshaft...