Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6l80 TCC LINE PRESSURE ISSUE CIRCLE D 3000 HP

Tuner
    This thread explains PCA pressure.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...eter-questions

"there is an option to cal the pressure tables as line pressure or as PCA pressures. ie. you can cal the tables to already take into account the characteristic offset & gain of the setup. This gain is 2.045 which explains why the pressures in the tables are double what you are seeing in the scanner.

the TCM divides the pressures by the gain value to get PCA pressure, which is what is displayed in the scanner. "

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by grandam75 View Post
    This thread explains PCA pressure.
    Thanks grandam, I have read that. PCS 1 with the 2.045 gain applied still does not match up with what I should be seeing. TCC adapts are disabled. Is there something else I'm missing?

As an example, if we look at this log and tune screen shot, the table doesn't really match. (And on a side note, why does the scanner miss cells when I zoom data only? Happens all the time. I have no filters enabled)

1.PNG

VCM_8-2-1.hpl
    VCM_8-2-1.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, I am working on a 2014 Silverado with the dreaded 24270599 TCM OS. What's the easiest way to get the OS I need to eliminate the converter flare at lock up? Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfool007 View Post
    did you get the truck sorted?
    Would love to know how to get the correct OS if you can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Could this work with a 16 silverado with PTC triple disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ec145mech View Post
    Could this work with a 16 silverado with PTC triple disc?
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ple-disc/page3
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Another person fitting a surging lockup on a 2012 Caprice. Going to try disabling the adapts and maxing things once again. 24256125 OS. On page 1 someone advised to do a write entire with OS 24256025 and looks like it was done without issue?

I have a 2014 Caprice that works PERFECT with OS 24267577. How can we determine what OS are compatible with what TCMS?
    Last edited by Snowman1987; 11-16-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TopSpeed View Post
    Hey guys, I am working on a 2014 Silverado with the dreaded 24270599 TCM OS. What's the easiest way to get the OS I need to eliminate the converter flare at lock up? Thanks!
    I have the 599 OS and while the regulator/offset for the TCC do not seem to do anything the Desired Pressure Table does, for those who might have this box. What I did was copy the right side of the table and shift it left 5 columns, then set any values less than 45 to 45 to get a minimum lockup pressure of 45. Seems to bee working pretty well as the TCC locks up when commanded and holds pretty tight. There's some momentary slippage with RPM changes, around 150 rpm, but you could probably raise the pressure a bit higher to get rid of even that. Curious if anyone can explain exactly what the pressure values in the table correlate to, i.e. exactly what does it mean to be in the top right or bottom left of the table--when will those pressures be applied?

Potential Tuner
    Just did the write entire with the Camaro file on my 2012 Holden SS without having to licence the file you just need to remove your trans segment from your tune then add the Camaro controller to your tune and you can flash without licensing it!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veSS View Post
    Just did the write entire with the Camaro file on my 2012 Holden SS without having to licence the file you just need to remove your trans segment from your tune then add the Camaro controller to your tune and you can flash without licensing it!
    What exactly did you have and use?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    What exactly did you have and use?
    I just used the-cool?s file and added the segment to my original file and I was able to write entire to the new os from 6125 os
    If you ain?t first you?re last

Advanced Tuner
    yeah it you load your original file, the copy the segment from my one. you wont need to license it.

Potential Tuner
    I very rarely comment or post, and have been referring to this forum for years to solve various tuning issues. However, I had to leave a comment to validate that this does in fact work. I had a 2012 Caprice with the exact same issues, and was seeing large amounts of slip at cruise when lockup should have happened. I thought it was related to the large cam I had in the car, but after tuning myself in circles I leaned towards there being a problem with lockup. For those looking for a concise solution, simply open your tune file, hit Cntl+D to open the Tune Details, then remove the TCM from the controllers tab. Then, use Tre-Cool's file he provided in #4 to add a controller, then flash your new file to the car. Make sure you write entire when you flash. I didn't change anything else in the TCM parameters. I just wrote entire, then drove the car, and for the first time my RPM stayed consistent at cruise. I'm posting this to hopefully increase SEO visibility. Thanks to everyone who helped sleuth this out.

For my own knowledge, the dropdown that was added ("Use regulator settings) - would enabling that have done the same thing as flashing the other OS? Does anyone have more technical details on what exactly the problem is/was? Sorry to necro, I just am seeking to understand what exactly went wrong here.