Thread: 2018 silverado 6L80 shifting and tcc lock up?????

2018 silverado 6L80 shifting and tcc lock up?????

2018 silverado 6L80. I use it to daily drive and tow a camper approx. 8k to 10k lbs on the camper. Nobody talks about tow tuning just over all tuning. I have played with it and for some reason just cant put my finger on it. I dont mind factory shift points just want firmer shifts and no torque reduction in the shifts. Im new to this but have gotten my Tahoes 4L60 down perfect but the 6l80 seems to be a little more complicated.

Tuner
    Its about the same.. Just more gears and lockup "can" happen in all gears
    Turn off lockup in gears 1-3. I also tow with my Yukon heavy. It's 2014 so diff engine, but same trans
    Also reduce the "slip" on the TC down to something like 5 (from 20) if it's still the stock torque converter
    If aftermarket TC with a diff style lockup clutch , then you can reduce to 0
    And just experiment where you want the shifts to happen... You can also just change the parameters in the Tow Mode
    and leave regular driving a bit different. But either way no lockup in 1-3 and change the slip allowed

Yea don't mind the daily driving, currently I have the 1-4 TCC off and 0 slip in 5 and 6. So your saying no lock up in 1,2,3 and then lock it up in 4 5 and 6? and leave a little slip? Im really satisfied with the stock settings other than TCC and the crappy shifts. Id like to take away the crappy shifts in both modes tow and normal. Also I see that there is a Normal mode the pattern A and also a pattern B. what is normal and what is tow haul?

Tuner
    On my Yukon, pattern B is the "tow/haul" mode... I compared the shifting tables to the pattern A and made my regular mode more
    like the tow mode. Hated it shifting too early and then in and out.
    It does matter if you have the stock style TC clutch - apparently they "need" a little slip to keep the clutch lubricated.
    But aftermarket clutches (better) don't need the slip - they are more conventional type materials
    I like to lock up in 4th under light throttle at about 42mph just to keep the heat down & mpg up (in regular drive)
    It tow mode, you'll need to play with when the TC locks up as you don't want to bog it down too much but you also don't
    want the heat to build up with it unlocked unless it's under harder acceleration