Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6l80 TCC LINE PRESSURE ISSUE CIRCLE D 3000 HP

Well crap; the easy to find 24270599 has issues too: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-lockup-issues

I've hunted high and low to find TCM OSID 24264497 and I have had no luck. If anyone has this TCM OS, PLEASE HIT ME UP!

Thanks
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for trying to work on this issue Frost. It seems that these Holden TCMs had all kinds of issues.

I'm actually sending this car home today after having it back for 3 weeks trying to fix this. NOTHING; and I mean NOTHING will make this thing just lockup (like the scanner). The pressure zig zags in. Again; if anyone has TCM OSID 24264497, I was unable to find it and it's probably out last avenue to try (sans replacing the solenoid bank/TCM with something physically different that run other TCM OS's).
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Potential Tuner
    Did you try the original TCM OS in the thread? Or were you saying that will brick it because it's not compatible?

Sent you an email with 24267577. I know that's not 4497 but it should be compatible as a test. Hope it is of some use

Shit, sorry. I really should read better - you already have that one. I thought you had 0599

Tuner in Training
    We are having similar issue with our 2014 Corvette w/ 6L80. Our CircleD converter will not lock completely and slips at WOT. My TCM OS is 24270599. Will that attached trans OS work with my current OS?

Advanced Tuner
    for others, the back story on mine from years ago...

my original os was 24254909 & cal was 24254908.

so i went to a 2010 camaro 24256025 OS then flashed in my cal. that is why my suspicion is the OS is broken & not the cal.

however i've also tuned newer 2011/2012 cars with the 24256125 os and had no problems with lock up. i have even flashed between the 24256125 & 6025 OS in a gearbox & had no problems.

Tre-Cool if I am reading your post correctly then I can surmise 2 things from your experience:
    1) That OS# 24256125 is one of the OS's that have a TCC lock-up issue.
    2) That I can flash your camaro OS# 24256025 to correct said TCC issue.

Would you concur with this summary?

Advanced Tuner
    i've not had a problem with either the 24256025 or the 24256125 doing lockup. they were also inter-changeable with a full flash in the same box.

if you have a box that wont play nice with lockup, try either of them.

the whole lockup problem i believe is in the OS segment, not the calibration side.
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; 07-15-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Tre-cool, Great, Thanks for your help.

I do have a ***6125 box in a 2011 Escalade. I don't think the converter is locking up. On the HP-Tuners scanner I can monitor the TCC PWM signal, it stays at zero. On my Tech2 I can watch the TCC signal and pressure, signal goes YES pressure never goes above 45psi. I have scoured my trans cal and don't see anything I did to turn it off. So now I am looking to the internet for diagnosis help, that is how I found your post. I'm not at the point of shooting the camaro program, still gathering data. I am glad I found your post, I had not thought of the problem, if there is in fact a problem, being in the OS of the box. I figured GM was keeping the TCC lockup mild because of exhaust drone during DOD. I have DOD disabled so not an issue for me. I will play with it more this weekend.

Tuner in Training
    I was tuning a 2013 caprice Ppv with a 2.3l Maggie and was trying to get it to stay locked fully on the highway. The only time I could get it to not pulse was when it was in speed density. Anybody else notice that as well?

Advanced Tuner
    all my cars are run in speed density, so it's not that.

the DOD connection could be something though.

regardless of turning the dod slip tables off & screwing with regulator gain & offsets they seemed to be ignored, so I'm thinking there is another switch in the code that is making it ignore the gain/offset values.

im thinking the early 2010/2011 tcm tunes work because they were used with cars that produced with & without DOD from the factory. Nearly every v8 after then always had DOD fitted?
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; 07-25-2020 at 09:05 AM.

HP have identified that not all OS use the TCC regulator gain and offset functions, a switch has been added to the latest Beta, if you do not have this in your OS after updating you would need to log a ticket, I'm sure this will be back filled in good time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinls1 View Post
    HP have identified that not all OS use the TCC regulator gain and offset functions, a switch has been added to the latest Beta, if you do not have this in your OS after updating you would need to log a ticket, I'm sure this will be back filled in good time.
    Awesome news, which OS do you know has it been added for?
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Well I got excited for nothing (so far)... I got the new beta (4.7.720) and I opened up a half dozen affected vehicle cals (few 09 G8's, SS's, Caprice's, one truck) and none of them have any new switch yet.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Well I got excited for nothing (so far)... I got the new beta (4.7.720) and I opened up a half dozen affected vehicle cals (few 09 G8's, SS's, Caprice's, one truck) and none of them have any new switch yet.
    I found it in 2012 and 2013 ZL1 Camaro files. I sent a request into HPT with a few OS's to see if they will add it.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    We need a fix for this issue, customer has 2015 silverado with 24270599 TCM OS and the converter will not lock solid and it slips under any load. 5months in the making and the coverter will more than likely need a rebuild from this. HELP Hptuners!

Is this an issue with all swaps regarding 6L80/6L90? Just finished dropping an LY6/6L90 into a 68 C10, want to be ready for any changes ahead of time.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    Is this an issue with all swaps regarding 6L80/6L90? Just finished dropping an LY6/6L90 into a 68 C10, want to be ready for any changes ahead of time.
    No, Just an issue with these 3 tcm OS's. The TCC will not stay locked constantly.