Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6l80 TCC LINE PRESSURE ISSUE CIRCLE D 3000 HP

Potential Tuner
    Is the pulsing you guys are talking about at constant throttle and speed? If it is, I am having this exact issue with a 3200 triple disc Circle D...

Tuner in Training
    yes sir, even at partial load, it locks and unlocks. Circle d 3200. My customer cant drive on the interstate because it will pulse from the time he gets on it, till the time he gets off the interstate.

Potential Tuner
    It's strange because I had this converter and same OS file when the car was NA and there were no issues with it. It started after I did the LSA conversion and does it in every gear under steady state throttle but isn't noticeable once I get on the throttle.

Potential Tuner
    Ended up pushing up the regulator offset to 90psi and got rid of the pulsing. Fairly certain I will need to rework the TCC apply ramp rate table to smooth everything out.

If you do rework the tables, please post the results. I am going to try the 90psi and see how that works on mine.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Changed the offset to 90 and now all of the low speed jerking is gone plus it shifts better. (2014 Silverado w/ Maggie). I did some small mods to the driver demand tables (the pedal was pretty touchy in 1st and reverse, off idle. I will check it out today.

Potential Tuner
    That's good, I asked about reworking the TCC apply tables and was told that I didn't have to based on adjusting the offset. I may lower the offset and see if there is a sweet spot that doesn't require such a high minimum of 60. The old minimum was 21 as a point of reference but that was with a Coan converter.

I think my offset was 22. I have a ZL1 converter, not a CircleD. Haven't tried a lesser number to see what it would do. Guess that is a good idea.
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    This issue reared it's ugly head again after getting the MAF curve pretty close. I still need to dial in the VVE tables but the pulsing still isn't as bad as when I first got the car back. I'll see if messing with the apply ramp rate makes it less noticeable...

I reduced the offset to 60 and it still shifts great. I think I was having a different issue. I modified the DD tables down low and cleared up my low rpm jerking. But the trans definitely shifts better.

Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    I found it in 2012 and 2013 ZL1 Camaro files. I sent a request into HPT with a few OS's to see if they will add it.
    HPT's support got back to me with some very, very bad news....

Unfortunately after looking into it, 5669 - Use Regulator Gain/Offset isn't available for 24267577.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    HPT's support got back to me with some very, very bad news....

Unfortunately after looking into it, 5669 - Use Regulator Gain/Offset isn't available for 24267577.
    Ok maybe we are getting somewhere now...

I replied to the above message with details of the issue and they posted a new beta today. It REMOVES the regulator stuff from this OS (as it seemingly doesn't do squat) but it ADDS TCM-5672 TCC Desired Pressure. It's a table.

They are looking for feedback. I'm trying get my affected customers to test on. If any of you have been waiting as I have, please test as well and report back.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Senior Tuner
    I'm working with VCM support in Australia on this table. I tested the table yesterday. It works. I still can't work out what the axis are. I put in values of 300, 400, 500kpa etc and the converter pressure followed. HPT are heading in the right direction with this table.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    I'm working with VCM support in Australia on this table. I tested the table yesterday. It works. I still can't work out what the axis are. I put in values of 300, 400, 500kpa etc and the converter pressure followed. HPT are heading in the right direction with this table.
    Did you max the table and see how it felt / what you got (assuming aftermarket stall / small clutch)? I"m hoping to test this very soon myself.
    Last edited by Frost; 11-17-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Senior Tuner
    I only did a basic test with that table. It works.

I'm running a single disc 2800 stall locally built converter behind a modified LSA with an unopened 6L90.

Refer to the screen shot below. It is clear that the table values are been passed to the converter. What I cannot work out is what the axis is. I ran many logs but could not find any smack me in the face obvious correlation with turbine rpm, TCC slip, torque, rpm. More experienced eyes are required than what I have.

1.png
    2.png

Advanced Tuner
    Nice work !

TCM table 35050 has the columns labelled as RPM (engine).

The new table (TCM 5672) has the unknown row and columns labels.

At a glance I would guess that the column labels could be the same as TCM 35050 - engine RPM. These could also be Turbine RPM (like TCM 35000).

The row labels could be Torque (like TCM 15662 or TCM 35000) or Driver Demand Torque (like TCM 15440) - all have staggered break points.

The row labels could also be Transmission Output Shaft Speed - from 500 RPM to 3000 RPM (like ECM 12805) - with staggered break points.

Again, these are only educated guesses. The smart people at HP Tuners will have to sort out a definitive answer to the table labels.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinls1 View Post
    HP have identified that not all OS use the TCC regulator gain and offset functions, a switch has been added to the latest Beta, if you do not have this in your OS after updating you would need to log a ticket, I'm sure this will be back filled in good time.
    4wheelinls1, you said you had that added in some 4.7.xxx beta, but Im on 4.9.347 and still dont see that???

Just realized this 14 Caprice I have like Frost was dealing with, doesnt show reg offset or gain even?
    Last edited by GrannySShifting; 01-07-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Senior Tuner
    Frost did you ever dig up what the one out of the 3 OS that was elusive was actually from? Could you somehow go from the service number on the physical TCM, because that part could only have 1 of those 3 OS flashed into it, find what vehicles that service number TCM was fitted to, then check the trans OS on those vehicles?

What is the service number the 24267577 ('14 Caprice) and 24270599 ('14 Silverado I think?) was flashed onto?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by dangrebel View Post
    We need a fix for this issue, customer has 2015 silverado with 24270599 TCM OS and the converter will not lock solid and it slips under any load. 5months in the making and the coverter will more than likely need a rebuild from this. HELP Hptuners!
    did you get the truck sorted?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Did you max the table and see how it felt / what you got (assuming aftermarket stall / small clutch)? I"m hoping to test this very soon myself.
    The latest Beta now has the axis defined. Someone out there is smart and worked it out.

Rows are Line Pressure (0-1600kPa)
    Columns are PCA Pressure (0-1600kPa)

Unfortunately I do not have line pressure or PCA pressure available to log. I only have PCS1 to 5.

I'm presuming I can infer line pressure from my base shift pressure tables, but not sure what PCA is?

The workshop manual I have here lists the PC solenoids as follows which I have attempted to map to what is available in the scanner for my OS. Could someone please check?
    Code:
    Line Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid                                          --> PCS 1 Command Pressure???  Pretty sure I'm wrong as it doesn't seem right even with the 2.xx gain applied???
    Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid                 --> TCC Line Pressure
    Shift Solenoid (SS) 1                                                        --> Not available
    Shift Solenoid (SS) 2                                                        --> Not available
    Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid 2                                             --> PCS 2 Command Pressure
    Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid 3                                             --> PCS 3 Command Pressure
    Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid 4                                             --> PCS 4 Command Pressure
    Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid 5                                             --> PCS 5 Command Pressure
    Not sure what this PCA is. If it is line pressure then wouldn't that make the 2 axis then the same?