Thread: LE5 swap will not fire.

Potential Tuner

LE5 swap will not fire.

Long story short:

I have a Exocet (miata) with a LE5 swap attached to a Solstice 5 speed. I'm using the E67 ecu. I bypassed the starting circuit so it turns over but will not even try to fire. When i turn the key to the on position the fuel pump primes as normal then shuts off. I'm getting 12v to the coils and to the injectors and have vats turned off. I attached pin 47 of C3 to B+ and still nothing.

I've attached my tune file if someone could take a look at this and make sure theres not something blatantly obvious I'd appreciate it!

FYI I'm a super newb to HPT but have tuned on other systems in the past.

Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    In stand alone no B+ or ignition goes into C3. How are you controlling the powertrain relay. After key on and the pump cycles, does the pump come back on when you spin the engine (ckp test)
    .Questions? pm me Steve
    Last edited by EFIHARNESS; 06-15-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Ok I'll remove the power to that pin. I'm not sure what you mean by powertrain relay, the only relays I've wired that the ECU has any control over is the fuel pump and fans. And no I don't believe the pump comes back on.

Tuner in Training
    The E67 is designed to run a relay to power the system. key in to ecu then out to powertrain relay. Sounds like you don't all the power wires to the ecu . Give me a call Steve 909 910 3867

Potential Tuner
    Much thanks to EFIHARNESS for going out of your way to help, you definitely know your stuff

Potential Tuner
    Ok so apparently I did have all of those pins powered besides pin28 on J2. I had to pin out pin28 as in my print out from alldata it has the pin as not used. Anyway pinned that out and connected it to +12v and still the same thing. I'm going to go back through the program and make sure I have everything turned off.
    I'm not sure if this is related or not but my harness was for an 8 pin TB and my engine came with a 6 pin TB. I bought a new connector and repinned it, if I did this wrong would there be an issue on startup?
    Last edited by nakedbee; 06-16-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Still having the same issues but I have verified that the CKP is indeed receiving and out putting the correct voltage. All grounds are accounted for, ECU is receiving all required B+ inputs. I don't think it matters but on J1 (C1) pin 20 function Battery positive voltage, I have connected to switched B+ instead of constant B+. Only other things I can think of ATM, I do not have any O2 sensors hooked up and the possibility of an incorrectly wired TB, also I do not have a MAF installed as I have wired in a 3.5bar Tmap.

Thanks
    Last edited by nakedbee; 06-21-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Tuner in Training
    If you connect B+ and ignition together and switch them off at the same time you can blank out the controller. Steve

Potential Tuner
    0x7E8: P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned (Pending, Current, History)
    0x7E8: P0443 - Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit (Pending, Current)
    0x7E8: P0449 - Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit Intermittent (Pending, Current)
    0x7E8: P0452 - Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch Low (Pending, Current, History)
    0x7E8: P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High (Pending, Current, Old)
    0x7E8: P0532 - A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor A Circuit Low (Current, Old, History)
    0x7E8: P0615 - Starter Relay Circuit (History)
    0x7E8: P1516 (Pending, Current, History)
    0x7E8: P2078 (Pending, Current, Old, History)
    0x7E8: P2101 (Pending, Current)
    0x7E8: P2119 (Pending, History)

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having similar issues