Thread: Ford XR6T FG guidance please.

Tuner

Ford XR6T FG guidance please.

Hi there,
    i have attached a log and file i pulled from a mates XR6 turbo FG auto. vehicle has larger cross over pipe and CAT delete.
    i am looking for some guidance to get this vehicle running much nicer as it surges under WOT due to erratic timing swings.
    i was first going to start by getting a standard file and start from scratch so i know what i need to learn.
    My first part of attack was to copy MBT spark to Borderline and zero all adders etc to get a constant spark for starters.
    i was then going to increase boost slowly and duty cycle to achieve desired boost. disable torque module switch and 0 octane plugger values.
    is this the correct approach?
    for WOT fueling will the standard oxy sensor be ok for fueling via "base fuel"? or can i manipulate injector highslope?
    Fuel trim is maxed right out and it is runing way to lean for the current boost in my opinion which is why i need to sort this asap.pete fg xr6t.hplpete fg xr6 turbo.hpt
    any input would greatly appreciated.

Tuner
    Ok, so today i managed to get a stock file and had a tinker starting from scratch.
    i have mainly focused backing off MTB spark, raising boost and enriching open loop fuel base table.
    i have attached a log and tune for the vehicle.
    i do have a couple of questions, also please ignore wide band input was out lean by .6. fueling was fine.
    1- is there any way to keep a stable spark under WOT?
    2- what sort of timing and boost can you achieve on a standard setup with very mild mods ? high teens and low 20's seem like to much timing under boost to me.
    any input would be great. still learning to ropes on ford and know i am defiantly in need of help .pete fg xr6t mod4.hptpete mod4.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    even in standard form you're very quickly out of injector flow once you lift the boost 2-3psi.

they really need a set of injectors as a bare minimum in order to turn the boost up. also need to reduce the spark plug gap down to about 0.80mm when you turn the boost up.

dead stock you can get about 12-13psi down low which tapers off to about 10-11psi after 5000rpm. at that they'll take 9-10 degrees through peak torque and about 12 after 5500rpm when the boost has fallen off.

but in stock form its not repeatable, the factory cooler cant control IAT and the IAT timing compensators start pulling timing. add to that the factory cat holding heat also.

a perfect "stage 1" (for lack of better term) mod list would be set of injectors and bolt in high flow cat. then you can have some fun in stock form to about 260rwkw

this one has full exhaust, modified airbox and good intercooler final 380rwhp.hpt