Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 2ss Manual Camaro, lag between shifts? 6spd

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
    This is happening to me. Recently had Whipple put on my 17 1LE. 1st to 2nd is such a ruined experience with this 1 second pause. It makes ya look like an idiot that cannot drive. So much power and lose a full second. What's the point a stock stang could make up the gap in that lag time and beat me. Such a downer moment. Took a friend out he's like "WTF happened there?"... That's the way it is every time dude. "that aint right at all".... Well I guess GM wants it to be like that. Found all kinds of threads about the GenV failures and I wonder if they got over zealous with this restrictor valve.

This isnt a daily so I'm hoping it can be figured out.

This thread opened my eyes on how to search for this and there are all kinds of youtube regarding this for Challengers/Hellcats (Clutch Delay Valve delete etc) and not a single hit for any GM I see out there. Why?
    I responded on the other forum to you about that valve. I think this is more the direction we need to go.

Tuner in Training
    Any updates to this thread? I just tuned a buddy of mines 16 Camaro SS M6 (Rotofab/Cat delete Pipes/e85) and same issue....

I will try what Higgs Boston suggested in terms of disabling CFCO and disabling Spark Smoothing to see if it improves the lag a bit....

I played around with my 16 Camaro SS this last weekend. I read somewhere about the No lift shift feature causing something similar to this. So I set the enable speed to 250 MPH and I haven't had this concern come back yet. Will repost if it does come back.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Customizer View Post
    I played around with my 16 Camaro SS this last weekend. I read somewhere about the No lift shift feature causing something similar to this. So I set the enable speed to 250 MPH and I haven't had this concern come back yet. Will repost if it does come back.
    Interesting, what table are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by bhillakaiceberg View Post
    Interesting, what table are you referring to?
    Here is what I changed.

no lift shift.jpg

Potential Tuner
    So you've essentially just shut off the no lift shift? I suppose, more experienced drivers, it's not a bad thing. All it's supposed to do is pull a bit of timing just to make sure the driver has the time to complete the shift. Those of us that have raced manuals know that you really don't need it anyway.

Correct. Personally I am not a fan of most of the features they programmed into these cars. I can't stand the hill start assist most of all. But this no lift shift seems to hinder performance when I shift rather quickly, even though I lift off the accelerator. I would have thought it wasn't applying since I did lift, but apparently it was. One feature I do like is the Rev match while on the track. That small fraction of a second it helps to go in gear makes much smoother transition into and out of the turns. The rest of it, take it or leave it. For me, if it removes performance from my driving style, it can go away. Lol

Tuner in Training
    Remove the CFCO makes the care feel better but the revs hang between shifts, and RPM falls very slowly. You end up slipping the clutch into the next gear every time unless you make a sandwich between shifts. I think enabling the CFCO for anything under 5k might be a good idea, disable it anything above 5k so when you shift at WOT, its not killing you. Unfortunately there is no parameter to accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
    Remove the CFCO makes the care feel better but the revs hang between shifts, and RPM falls very slowly. You end up slipping the clutch into the next gear every time unless you make a sandwich between shifts. I think enabling the CFCO for anything under 5k might be a good idea, disable it anything above 5k so when you shift at WOT, its not killing you. Unfortunately there is no parameter to accomplish this.
    I do not experience this, you might want to check fueling, spark, and your torque model if revs are hanging.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I do not experience this, you might want to check fueling, spark, and your torque model if revs are hanging.
    Just what I wanted to hear. Alright thanks Higgs.

Anyone ever follow up on possibly removing the Clutch Delete Valve? Seems like every platform except the Camaro discusses removal for improved shifting for the TR 6060...