Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fan control help please

Tuner
    Try--Fans tab-Fan type set to 2 fans,AC tab Recirculation Fitted set to fan#2,Type Fitted mine is set to Analog Cycling

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tnbubba View Post
    no its the communication to the pcm serial uses buss thru the BCM and analog is just fed stright to pcm
    if you dont get htose right then youfan programmign is screwed anyway on the 2nd speed ac fan..tooks some digigin and lookgin at wirint diagrams to figure that out.
    AH!
    I misunderstood.

Potential Tuner

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD eFans Conversion w 2005 factory harness and fans....need

Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    One quick thing to add, after doing a few of these e-fans I noticed something that is NOT in the patch file I posted...that IS in a stock 2005 file. Under Engine>Idle>Airflow>Cooling fan airflow 2005 stock truck/suvs have 2.0 lb/h for Fan 1 and 4.4lb/h for Fan 2. This helps a bit with the extra drag/bump from the alternator when the fans kick in. I just added it to my tune and all of the clients' tunes that I have done this swap for....now to call them to stop by for a slight improvement. I suppose that I need to make these and a few other minor changes to the patch files before posting them anymore. The patch file did not originate with me but if I am passing them around they should have all that suits an e-fan retrofit.

OK. I just made a new "Fan Patch" file with the suggested airflow changes for fan electrical drag. I also made small changes to Start-up Airflow Initial on the same page and Spark Start-up Flare Control as they seem to spring to life a bit more freely without the clutch fan drag.
    Hey IARLLC,

Would you mind taking a look at my tune. I copied your tune verbatim, and now my AC wont come on at all. Fans work great and are wired correctly, using a factory GM 2005 harness with the 3 relay setup and pins to the PCM. Having problems getting the AC to stay on. Logger shows overpressure I think?AC Problems 2004 2500HD E Fans Conversion.hpl10-27-2021 AC TEST TUNE 32.3 in tires.hpt

Appreciate the help guys. Any advice would be most appreciated.

MT
    Last edited by xBig-Timmyx; 10-28-2021 at 12:25 AM.