Thread: Feel like a noob but need help!

Feel like a noob but need help!

Hi, I hope you can bare with me on this.....

I have been using HPT on GM engines since 2009 but today I tried using it on my 2006 Mustang GT (Spanish Oak PCM). The car currently have an E-Force supercharger with the canned tune from Edelbrock.
    I can read the PCM with the editor and HPT will connect to the car with the scanner but I dont see any data exept for RPM when I scan it.
    Do the Ford cars need to use a special kind of layout file? It seems that no matter what PID's i try to log I do not get anything. Even the default Layouts included dont show anything.

What am i doing wrong?

I had to add all the channels individually I wanted to log (2010 CVPI OAK PCM), I do not think ford and gm share the same pid list for generic global OBD2.. One thing to also remember is you have to add everything you want to see during the log, you cant go back and add channels after you made a datalog and are reviewing it ( IE: MAF FRQ and MAF VOLTS) just because you logged the freq, does not mean you logged the voltage pid also. The less items you monitor the faster the pid update rate, if you datalog every channel available you would have less resolution in the logs. Its definitely a different animal then GM tuning, I hope they have time to develop a SD operating system like they do for the GM ecus.

Tuner in Training
    Send a help ticket to support. Edelbrock may use some kind of special os.

Tuner in Training
    I bet the map sensor is disabled in the edelbrock tune.
    I just swapped a 4.6 and 4r70 trans from a 2005 cvpi. I deleted emissions which gets rid of the map sensor too and when I disabled the map sensor in the tune the scanner will only log engine rpm.
    Haven't figured out how to log around it yet. But just enable the map and I bet the scanner will read everything