Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TQ management issue 6L80e

Tuner in Training

TQ management issue 6L80e

So to make this short and sweet, I'm trying to find out why I'm getting full timing pulled while shifting above 6000rpm. I have used the excel programs where you input the tq factor, adders and modifiers and it calculates the percentage of tq managment remaining. it works perfect under 6,000 and pulls various amounts of timing I have put in, but soon as it crosses 6000, it pulls full timing allowed by tq management. I have all the torque factors at 1.0 I have the adders at 1.0, and the modifiers starting with -0.3 and goes up to -0.9 at 6000. Is there something im missing? Im at work so i cant post a tune file until i get home.

Tuner
    Check your ECM Side, under spark minimal, 0 that table out.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I will try that. Right now it is set to 5, and so is the min tq management table just below that min spark table . Above 6000rpm it goes right to that 5 degrees that is set there. If they are set to zero, will it not reduce spark to zero as well where I am having the issue?

Tuner in Training
    Ok I took min spark and min tq management spark down to zero, and now above 6000 it drops spark to zero when it shouldn't be removing hardly any

Tuner in Training
    Is there something im missing to determine final torque management %? Torque factor, factor adder, and modifiers? Torque factor of 1, factor adder of 1, and a modifier of -0.5 should take out 50% torque management right? If the min spark, and min torque management tables are set to zero, I shouldn't be seeing 99% remaining torque management if the entire modifier table is -0.5. It seems to work ok below the 6000rpm table, but above that it is pulling timing down to zero or one degree during any shift above 6000

Tuner
    I normally do not recommend or even do myself higher then 0, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? IT will pull some timing to complete the shift, this is quite normal, it will pull timing to complete the shift using stock timing pull, but putting it to 0 will allow no timing pull but it will go to 0 between shifts. then back to max timing. Are you trying to improve how fast the veh shifts?

Tuner in Training
    I'm just trying to find a way to keep tq management normal in the lower rpms, and reduce it a little under WOT upper rpm shifts. If I have 24 degrees timing at 6200rpm for example, and it drops timing to zero or even negative while it shifts, it obviously kills some power, and I've even had it hesitate and stumble when min spark was around -5 degrees. I thought it was possible using the adder modifiers to "fine tune" how much torque management % is left in?
    Here is a link to a post that I used to try and figure this out, including the Excel spreadsheet attachment at the bottom of the page
    https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...-Part-throttle
    Last edited by SRMGT; 06-20-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Can you post your tune

Tuner in Training

here is my tune. Thank you!

you have the torque management setup correctly. I think if you reduce your shift times and increase the pressure that would help. I am assuming you are looking for a quick firmer shift than you have now? Looks like your maf curve could use some work. Having the airflow correct is important as the trans basis its strategy off of delivered torque. What converter you have in it?

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the reply. I do know how to adjust for quicker firmer shifts, I also have a trans tune that I made when I purchased the 6L80e trans course from "the tuning school". That setup is completely different thougb. All I'm trying to accomplish is having the torque management pull the amount of timing I am telling it to. I just thought I shouldn't be seeing at or near 100% TM when I'm telling it to basically do the opposite. I wanted 5-8 degrees of timing pull at upper rpm shifts rather than 24. Bringing timing to zero at that high rpms can't be good for it right? So the only way to get commanded TM reduction is to increase shift pressure and reduce shift time?

Tuner in Training
    As far as airflow, I have the MAF dialed in perfect with my wideband. If I'm open loop MAF it is dead nuts on. Should I smooth out the curve just for airflow torque calculations? I have the factory converter, 222/226 114 cam, rotofab intake, long tubes, full exhaust, plus all the other little stuff. The other thing that happens is when closed throttle downshifting from 2nd gear to first, it's noticeably firmer and quicker than any other downshift, and is jerky. Can't seem to straighten that out by using all the spark coastdown tables, base idle timing, downshift mph, idle adapts, etc. It is pretty annoying.

Tuner
    Do NOT adjust base pressure, Adjust on coming pressure. I would recommend 10-15% over stock , that will give you the quick and firm shifting at wot and during cruising that you'll like.
    If you go more then 20-25% you will risk snapping your intermediate shaft.

Well not sure I would approach it that way but there are more than one way to accomplish the same thing. Just keep in mind the trans doesn't necessarily command the pressure indicated in the max pressure tables. The trans calculates the pressure needed based on delivered torque. You could adjust the engine torque eq ratio and/or coefficients with a completely stock trans tune and get it to shift ridiculously hard. That is why I mentioned the airflow being correct. More airflow = more delivered torque. If all you are wanting is your spark during the shift to not go to zero change your tq/man spark to 15. To help your 2-1 downshift issue try reducing the downshift speed in the lower tps %.

Tuner in Training
    Ok i see what you mean. My only issue with just raising the min TQ management spark to say 15 degrees, is that all the closed throttle easy cruising downshift coming to a stop would only go a minimum of that 15 degrees, when a smoother shift cuts a lot more than that. I guess it's one way or the other then? So what is the purpose of using the torque factors, adders, and modifiers if it doesn't do what you're telling it to?

Spark is only one part of the equation. You have inertia factors that dictate shift times and firmness. I sent you a pm let me know if you think it would help you

Tuner in Training
    Ok that makes sense. I got your PM and sent a reply. Thank you!

Sent you a reply

Tuner in Training
    TuningSchool6L80e.hptTuningSchool6L80e.hptrbooth, here is the other trans tune I PMd you about, and a log file.

17-06-17 00-00-21.hpl