Thread: 2014 Ford F150 Raptor, Failed to read PCM

Tuner in Training

2014 Ford F150 Raptor, Failed to read PCM

Hi all,
    I have a 2014 Ford Raptor that I'm trying to read its PCM, but as soon as it starts reading it it would fail right away, I'm using a Pro version of the HP Tuners device that has all GM credits, do I need to buy additional Ford credit to read the PCM? I thought I don't need to for just reading.

Also my truck is Roush modified, does it make any difference?

Thanks,,,

Email support.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Email support.
    Already did, so far no reply.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamaro View Post
    Already did, so far no reply.
    Good luck, I am working on a Whipple 2013 Raptor and can read the file but can not log. Support told me to write back to stock and start again, no problem but you because of licensing it will cost you 2 lots of credits.

Is your raptor stock?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DBuck View Post
    Good luck, I am working on a Whipple 2013 Raptor and can read the file but can not log. Support told me to write back to stock and start again, no problem but you because of licensing it will cost you 2 lots of credits.

Is your raptor stock?
    No its Roush modified (supercharged), and thats exactly why I need to keep a copy of the tune, we have a very lousy local Ford dealer and they once they re-flashed a Roush raptor and lost its tune, kept the owner stranded for weeks!

I'm new to HP Tuners, is it normal for such a weak tech. support?, these things are not cheap, and I would expect a much better support.

Senior Tuner
    No its Roush modified (supercharged), and thats exactly why I need to keep a copy of the tune, we have a very lousy local Ford dealer and they once they re-flashed a Roush raptor and lost its tune, kept the owner stranded for weeks!

I'm new to HP Tuners, is it normal for such a weak tech. support?, these things are not cheap, and I would expect a much better support.
    Its not weak by a far cry, you are into the weeds of an area that no one even expected HP Tuners to venture, and its only been a few months since they even allowed you to read these calibrations. They are skirting the line of infringing patents by decoding and allowing end users to read out a company specific calibration that people pay big $$ for.

Senior Tuner
    Roush calibration is entirely different than a factory calibration of any vehicle, that is why you are having issues and why support is slow, they have only recently decoded the encryption.

Tuner in Training

Are you willing to share this tune file? I just lost my Roush tune due to ford screwing up.. would be a huge help!