Thread: TCC doesnt want to stay unlocked during passes

TCC doesnt want to stay unlocked during passes

This car has a circle D 3200 stall in it and ive , maxed out the 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th gear lockup and unlock tables but the car still seems like it wants to try and lock the converter after the 60ft mark. Ive tried setting all the TCC modes to normal to see if that would help but i still got the same results. Maybe not all lockup tables are available yet? Final final_emmisions_tcc lockup.hptfuel pressure dropping top of 3rd.hpl

Did you ever get this figured out?

nope never did

Quote Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
    This car has a circle D 3200 stall in it and ive , maxed out the 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th gear lockup and unlock tables but the car still seems like it wants to try and lock the converter after the 60ft mark. Ive tried setting all the TCC modes to normal to see if that would help but i still got the same results. Maybe not all lockup tables are available yet? Final final_emmisions_tcc lockup.hptfuel pressure dropping top of 3rd.hpl
    I see you have your desired slip tab set to all zeros at all modes, throttle positions, and speeds.... maybe this should be maxed out at 255 because you want the tcc to slip...

for me i was experimenting with all of this and i left my desired slip tables stock but changed the apply release speeds to 3000 in 1st and second at all throttle positions and where it used to lock up in both (yes both) 1st and 2nd gears, it now stays unlocked.

contrary to what everyone seems to say on here, these cars with their stock settings are actually partially locking the converter in ALL GEARS not just 3-5. I have confirmed this in the datalogs where it says its locked and also by watching the tachometer as i go on and off the gas repetitively and see that there is no change in rpms. When unlocked if i go on the gas the rpms rise and when off they drop about 300-400 almost instantly.

ive been wondering why when at the drag strip the car has been a complete dog out of the hole and right after the 1-2, 2-3, and so on shifts. I still have the stock converter so even with it unlocked the gains probably wont be crazy but even if i get an extra 300-400 rpms it will help the engine not bog down so badly.
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

I had tried that as well with no luck. Car is sold and gone at this point.