Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The tuning school books any good?

Potential Tuner
    Found the GM 4-6-8 speed tranny book to be very helpful for a first time tuner although its a bit pricey @ $200...it does lack in depth details as some sections don't mention any explanation of what it does nor why it recommends certain values to be entered... only other criticism I have is the fact that it says to modify/disable TRQ reduction without any warnings while the HP software/guide clearly warns that it will break something/reduce tranny life.
    2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4 6.2L 8 speed, Airaid intake tube, fenderwell/airfilter intake widened/matched, Katech ported TB, manifold intake ported/matched, Magnaflow catback exhaust, tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by speedart View Post
    Hi, how can I contact you? Need to know about email tunes
    Thanks
    My email is [email protected]

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Rest in peace dear Edward, so sad to know you aren't with us anymore...
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

If anybody is wanting to get rid of any books let me know

Potential Tuner
    Would you be willing to help with pids on 2011 mustang?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    If anybody is wanting to get rid of any books let me know
    I`m interested!

Quote Originally Posted by skythunder83
    Rest in peace dear Edward, so sad to know you aren't with us anymore...
    Covid?
    Last edited by schpenxel; 11-28-2022 at 02:58 PM.

Don?t bother on tuning school books. Want something worth the money then go spend it on greg banish videos. I have learned something new on everyone I have watched. His gen v stuff is really good.

School of tuning books

Quote Originally Posted by claytonracing View Post
    I have older copys of the beginner, advanced, and transmission books that I don't use anymore. I would part with all of them. Send me a pm if anybody is interested.
    I'm interested how much

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamMosher View Post
    I`m interested!

Covid?

Ed lost the battle to cancer. He fought it and won twice. The last time got him - that was all before Covid. I talked to him earlier that year when he had beaten it the last time, I guess it came back with a vengence - I know he was suffering, but he wasn't the guy to ever let you know. Great guy and will be missed...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
    E46 BMW owner, tuning newbie enthusiast. Occupation: Mechanical consultant at https://writix.co.uk/coursework-writing-service where I provide mainly coursework writing service to automotive engineering topics. Loved husband and father of two boys. "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." -E.E. Cummings.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Thank you for your advice; I would buy several books, now I prefer videos instead.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    Don?t bother on tuning school books. Want something worth the money then go spend it on greg banish videos. I have learned something new on everyone I have watched. His gen v stuff is really good.
    I agree you will save only the money but also your time.