Thread: Max KR when entering into PE

Advanced Tuner

Max KR when entering into PE

I have had this issue randomly, it started on my old LQ4 and I made some KR Global gain adjustments (went from .9 to 1.4) and it went away. Now I have a whole new engine and trans and its doing it again. Now its by no means stock. It all started when I put the current ID1000 injectors in. As soon as it enters PE it will max the KR until I let off and it exits. I know its false, it acts like its picking up the injector noise or if possible the fuel spray on the valve. IDK. Setup is as follows

370CI, Forged crank and pistons, Billet rods, TVS2300, TEA TFS 225 heads, 230/242 115 cam and Solid Engine Mounts.

I could always adjust it a bit more I just wonder if anyone has seen this with Injectors, the injectors and the Blower are the only thing in common with the old motor.

If I get into it fairly quick it doesn't do it.

Ive ran race gas and done all the normal stuff to ensure its not real, it 100% follows PE. Then Ill drive a bit and it will quit, then come back.
    Last edited by 03Sierraslt; 06-21-2017 at 05:49 PM.

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Advanced Tuner
    I raised the gain from 1.4 to 1.5 and it goes away, just not really sure why its there to begin with.

Very interesting. I'm having a similar issue. New engine. On the engine dyno it took 30* at wot before knocking. So we estimate it'll take about 26* in the car.

When I do wot pulls, the car maxes KR at 10 and doesn't let off until I stop. The funny thing is I'm running calling for 18* of timing anyway, so there's no way I'm knocking. It doesn't always do it either. I either get 10* of KR or none. Never in between.

I have relatively high spring pressure, perhaps it's just valve train being picked up sometimes?

Advanced Tuner
    My spring pressures are 160/440

Mine doesn't always do it, when it doesn't it runs out just fine and all is well. When it does I can feel it lay over from the timing being pulled. I just don't know why its doing it.

What injectors are you running?

Advanced Tuner
    "I either get 10* of KR or none. Never in between."

-Sometimes thats because of how the KR settings are, they vary between years/ecu's blah blah... also logging (poll) speed can matter..
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Interesting. I'm running the stock 6.2L flex fuel truck injectors.

I have similar spring pressures too.

I need to play with it more. But yeah it feels like a snail when it pulls 10*. Noticeably slower