Thread: LNF 3 Bar TMAP Sensor Install

Potential Tuner

LNF 3 Bar TMAP Sensor Install

I installed the Bosch 3 bar sensors with the plugin pigtails in my LNF powered Sky yesterday and flashed the new MAP and boost linears and offsets onto the ECU. The pressure readings seem to be correct in my log but I'm showing about 156 F for my IAT2 at cold idle. That triggers boost and timing reduction tables for protection so I can't really do anything but sit at idle .

I'm sure there's a simple answer out there - how do I calibrate the temp part of the new TMAP sensor in HP Tuners? I have the Bosch datasheet with the temp calibration values, just no idea where to apply it and couldn't find discussion of it in the forum. Thanks for the help!

Tuner
    i don't remember changing the transfer function for the thermistor. I thought it was just a change in pressure sensor values like you stated above.

My best guess is a wiring or sensor issue. did you re-check the wiring? did you try swapping the 2 sensors (maybe bad sensor)?

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I assumed that the temp side of things was supposed to either match the stock or self-calibrate since I couldn't find any discussion on it or any way to modify it. I did try swapping sensors - one read 156F, the other 154F so there must be something else going on. No other changes were made to the car with the install and everything went back to normal with the stock sensors/their calibration values. I guess I'll check resistance between the ends of the pigtails next to confirm that's not it.