Thread: Push botton start mistake 2017 ctsv

Tuner

Push botton start mistake 2017 ctsv

Caution to who ever tunes these cars. With the push start bottons you need to hold it to completely power on the pcm. One point a was pulled over on the road to make a small tune ajustment and did not hold the start botton correctly and car powered down durring the update. No big deal happens many times before and was able to start download again with no issues. However not this time. Must of powered down at a critical point on the update and pcm became unresponsive dead. Small mistake turned in to a big deal lol. Thank god i had a cloned pcm. Put the original back in relicense and was good to go. Still kicking myself for this mistake

Tuning Addict
    You try to do a write entire or is it bricked for good?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    It keeps telling unlicense vehicle. Unable to read or write to it. When i try to read it says contact hp tuners for support same message you get when trying to read a 2017 for the first time

Tuner
    Not sure if it is bricked. I beleive i can fix it with a mdi2 flashing it back to stock. Suck used up 8 credits for this car. Still need to unlock tcm for $200 and use 4 more credits total of 12 credits for this cars

Tuner in Training
    I have seen 1 too many dealer techs eat modules in the exact same way. The push button start system can create real issues with power modeing and programming. You drop supply voltage to a module during a programming event and it is 50/50 on getting it back. The worst bus for this is the MOST. I have had decent results with replace and reprogram on the E92s it seems they tend to come back to life far more often than the prior generation. Pm me if you have issues I'll forward what I have found in the resurrection process.

Tuner
    will be trying it with a MDI2. thanks

Potential Tuner
    I had this happen to my '16 Camaro.....resulted in purchasing an new ECM and a trip to the dealer. Luckily the ECM was under $200. Learned a lesson the hard way....

Tuner
    finally got the time to reinstall the unresponsive/dead pcm to to vehicle. hooked up an mdi2 and was able to reprogram it with any issues. came back to life.

Potential Tuner
    That's good to hear! I wish I dad access to one. I'd be much happier with a spare.

Tuner in Training
    Dang... I had a similar issue on my 16 Camaro... Lost power during a write eng/trans calibration, no big deal... Well i needed to do a read entire one day because I had made so many changes at the drag strip that some of my tunes got saved over (sloppy me)... Well after the read entire, there was only engine, and 90% of the trans stuff was missing... I tried to do a write entire with an older tune to get it all back and lost power again... Car was dead... finally got power to stay on long enough to do a write entire and came back to life...

This push button stuff is pretty scary for tuning...

Now I've got other issues with my new laptop...
    2016 1LT RS Camaro 2.0t a8 - 12.957 @ 103.45, light modifications and tuning.