Thread: Dodge licensing question

Tuner in Training

Dodge licensing question

I have a 2010 Challenger SRT tuned with a Diablo. I have used two HP credits and read the tune. If I "unmarry" the Diablo, reconnect HP and Flash, will I have to use two more credits? I am trying to keep the current tune so I dont have to redo from stock.

I think as long as the Diablo didn't "update" the flash number, so it's not different from the stock tune copy. I have a post going about this with no answer from HPT because I'd like to have the dealer do an actual flash update on my car.

For you, here's what you can do, now that you read with Diablo tune, save it as tune 1. un-marry the Diablo, read the stock tune and save it as stock tune. with stock tune open, open up the tune 1 as a compare file and change your stock tune accordingly and save as tune 2, if it lets you save then you should be good and can flash your own HPT version of the Diablo tune that's in your car now, Diablo unmarried and you are on a roll. If not...2 more credits or you can't sell the Diablo, your choice!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I'll give it try.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    I think as long as the Diablo didn't "update" the flash number, so it's not different from the stock tune copy. I have a post going about this with no answer from HPT because I'd like to have the dealer do an actual flash update on my car.

For you, here's what you can do, now that you read with Diablo tune, save it as tune 1. un-marry the Diablo, read the stock tune and save it as stock tune. with stock tune open, open up the tune 1 as a compare file and change your stock tune accordingly and save as tune 2, if it lets you save then you should be good and can flash your own HPT version of the Diablo tune that's in your car now, Diablo unmarried and you are on a roll. If not...2 more credits or you can't sell the Diablo, your choice!
    With the new OS in the Beta platform, will it require 2 new credits?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bh View Post
    With the new OS in the Beta platform, will it require 2 new credits?
    Best answered by someone from HPT, at SEMA I checked out the new OS (flex) stuff, some cool stuff, I know the GM (older) stuff doesn't require credits...