Thread: trying to get a faster throttle responce

Tuner

trying to get a faster throttle responce

hey guys,, 2016 5.3l 8speed, i been messing with my tune for a while now, trying to figure out how to get a faster throttle response,, i messed with peak torque, driver demand map a thru c, maybe im not increasing the correct amount or i might be in the wrong table completly,, any advise will be appreciated thanks posting my tune as well
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I'm curious about the driver demand torque maps. How much should we bump them up? Bump only the upper end or the entire table to keep things similar to stock etc etc

Tuner in Training
    Bumping DD is a small part of increasing the throttle response. From what I have found the largest factor in throttle response on the Gen V trucks is had in the variable camshaft timing tables. The cam retard that is in the factory calibration contributes to the soggy pedal. I would look at posts from IARLLC. I cant take credit for this information as I didn't come up with it. Look for a topic called camshaft and injector timing, 2015 gmc sierra mapping of gear for tip in limit. Those two topics will point you in the right direction. I still have a factory DD table and the responsiveness has improved dramatically.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE91B View Post
    Bumping DD is a small part of increasing the throttle response. From what I have found the largest factor in throttle response on the Gen V trucks is had in the variable camshaft timing tables. The cam retard that is in the factory calibration contributes to the soggy pedal. I would look at posts from IARLLC. I cant take credit for this information as I didn't come up with it. Look for a topic called camshaft and injector timing, 2015 gmc sierra mapping of gear for tip in limit. Those two topics will point you in the right direction. I still have a factory DD table and the responsiveness has improved dramatically.
    I've got a 15' Silverado that has this same issue with the soggy pedal. I've been doing some research before I start to tune it this week, and was coming to same conclusion, I just haven't been able to prove it yet. I've got the same questions about driver demand. Increase them to the max, or bump them up keeping the same general shape as stock?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE91B View Post
    Bumping DD is a small part of increasing the throttle response. From what I have found the largest factor in throttle response on the Gen V trucks is had in the variable camshaft timing tables. The cam retard that is in the factory calibration contributes to the soggy pedal.
    Exactly.
    Getting rid of any cam retard in lower rpm / aircharge areas really wakes these things up down low, and there are some gains from adding cam retard up high, at least in 6.2s. 4 gens are the same in this aspect btw.

Never messed much with dd tables in 4 and 5 gen gm gassers, don't see a reason to.
    '03 Topkick C5500 LB7/A5
    '04 Silv cclb 2500HD LB7/A5
    '10 Ram ccsb 2500 6.7/A6

Tuner
    Does anyone have a link with some good info about VVT?