Thread: Need advice tuning for a 3200stall

Tuner in Training

Need advice tuning for a 3200stall

Like the title says, I'm looking for any help on what I need to tune for a 4l60e/3200stall? I raised the part throttle shift points as it was shifting way too early, but is there a way to adjust when the converter locks up? When I'm entering a highway it shifts into 4th and the converter locks up at the same time under part throttle which lugs the engine big time unless I give it enough gas to downshift. Also any other tricks for a stall I should be doing? Just trying to get this done before I mess with tuning the engine for my few mods. Thanks

I have not tries entering a highway with the new shift points but I was thinking, shouldn't it be in 4th/od before the converter locks? Since raising them I'm assuming it's going to lockup before it gets into 4th.

Advanced Tuner
    Factory tunes have lock up in 3rd and 4th gear. There is a separate torque converter lock up MPH table under Transmission TCC
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Tuner in Training
    I have a Circle D 245 pro series that has 3400 stall and triple disc billet clutch. I had a shop set it to lock up in 3rd and 4h. It locks in 3rd at 40 if I'm in drive and that's fine. If I'm in OD it will still lock up in 3rd but then pops out . It will shift normally to OD and lock up fine there. The vehicle is a 2000 Camaro SS. The trans was built about a year ago. This cR is a weekend or casual cruise car. Any settings suggestions are appreciated. Oh and the lockup for 3rd is 40 mph .

Tuner in Training
    I installed the converter because everyone said you'll love it. It's all that's holding your car back. Well I hate the way stall converters work. My friend had a Camaro in high school and it was great floored but around town it was sloppy. I miss the tight feeling of the stock converter, I do.My car is plenty fast and torquey. Yes the converter makes the car really jump, but I'm not really a hard driver. I'm 56 and not a kid. I don't do the track and I am really into handling . Perhaps that's why I hate the converter. I'd even sell it

Advanced Tuner
    Download the bluecat transmission tool. Input your car's data and try out the shift points and lockup points that it gives you.

Make sure to set the max lockup duty cycle to 100 and min to 99.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner
    X2 on bluecat, my circle d didn't drive worth a darn without tuning it

X2 on blue cat X2. Yeah, stall converters are a love/hate relationship for me too....but shifting a little later and getting the clutch at the right time can improve drivability quite a lot.

Tuner in Training
    Where do I find the blu cat tuning tool? I'm really new to this? Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning