Thread: 6L80E torque manipulation with forced induction???

Advanced Tuner

6L80E torque manipulation with forced induction???

Ive tried a few different methods of 6l80e tuning, including the tuning school method, the wacker method and all his tricks on his site, and even just trying stuff and seeing what it effects. I have settled in on slightly raising pressure limits a tad, shortening the shift times a bit and tweaking lockup. It seems to be a bit inconsistent shift to shift, and sometimes soggy. So, I set everything back to stock except shit points, lockup etc. I started massaging the eq ratio table under engine torque management too report higher torque and subsequently firm up the shifts. It seems to be a nice strategy, but it concerns me that Im "fudging" numbers. Right now, Im pretty satisfied by the results at 20% above stock values. My setup is just a stock 5.3 on 10 psi of boost and e85. Im not looking for tire chirping back popping shifts. Just firm shifts that are quick and dont slip. Mainly looking to make this trans last as long as possible. By simply massaging the torque reporting, ive noticed less trans temp rise when im beating on it. If i raise the eq ratio AND shorten shift times, it feels too violent for a heavy truck on a stock trans.

I have attached my tune for anyone that wants to review it. Im just getting opinions on which method is more reliable for 6l80s and any pointers anyone is willing to share.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SilverBullet6.0; 06-26-2017 at 06:29 PM.