Thread: Racerender Audio missing on Videos

Potential Tuner

Racerender Audio missing on Videos

Hello,

I've bought RaceRender and are today using RaceRender 3.5.8b. Earlier my video output got the original audio when I added meters/gadget to RaceRender output Videos, but since recently (a couple of month ago) there is no audio. No audio in preview inside RaceRender and no audio when outputting video files.
    When opening the file in VLC it works!

I'm using the same camera/format:

Example file info:
    Name: 20140102_011451_6.5varv+1.5avkyl.MOV
    MediaInfo.png

I don't know what else to post so please get back to me if there are something more you need.
    I also tried to limit the "Media Libraries(advanced)" settings to force it into different settings but either it does not work at all or ONLY video without audio works.
    Either any other user who can think of what else to try OR maybe HPtuners has some tip.
    It still haven't been able to create my videos from early May this year and soon there will be others that I would like to create.

Best Regards
    Magnus Wedmark

A lack of audio is typically an issue with the decoders available on the system. I don't suspect that any changes we've made would have caused this, as our decoding process has been essentially the same for years, with only small adjustments from time to time and no other users reporting this issue recently. If it worked previously for the same video files on the same computer and same operating system, then my expectation would be that something has changed on that computer, possibly due to other media software being installed or uninstalled.

There are a couple of easy things to try:

1) Try your video with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of RaceRender. Sometimes the system has different media decoders available in these different modes.

2) Try installing QuickTime 7 Player for Windows ( https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?locale=en_US ) and then using the 32-bit version or RaceRender. Simply having this installed provides more decoders that we can use in 32-bit mode, and this is especially useful for Windows 7 users. It's usually not needed for Windows 8 or 10, which already includes good media support.

If you still can't get it to work, please send the log data from "Help" -> "Show Diagnostic Log", immediately after playing a video that has no audio in RaceRender. That may provide some clues as to what's going wrong.