Thread: Does changing Torque Axis do anything for CM2200 Controller

Does changing Torque Axis do anything for CM2200 Controller

The stock torque axis for the CM2200 controller is -148 to 700 lb-ft. I have changed the values to 0 to 1000 lb-ft, along with adding just a little more fuel. Did changing the axis range actually do anything?

Cheers,

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by jfreemanak View Post
    The stock torque axis for the CM2200 controller is -148 to 700 lb-ft. I have changed the values to 0 to 1000 lb-ft, along with adding just a little more fuel. Did changing the axis range actually do anything?

Cheers,

Jared
    This explanation applies for almost all limit tables: Any of the limit tables are looking up a calculated value. The controller doesn't actually know how much torque you are making, it's just looking up a load table that says if I'm doing this at this rpm, then I think I'm making this much torque. If you set any limit table above the maximum calculated value of the data, you are in essence disabling that limit. Negative torque values can be used for shifting and limp purposes, so keep that in mind when you are changing things.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Thanks for the explanation. Good to know about the negative torque values. So far shifting is working just fine but perhaps I should change the values back to stock...

Jared

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the explanation. Good to know about the negative torque values. So far shifting is working just fine but perhaps I should change the values back to stock...

Jared
    for even gas engines? Made some torque management changes to address ESP in the Caliber and am now wondering if setting a lower % is hindering anything?

Turbo_Mike,

Do you recommend changing the values back to stock, and just change the fuel quantity?

Jared

Turbo_Mike,

Do you recommend changing the values back to stock, and just change the fuel quantity?

Jared
    There are many methods and styles to achieve what you want to do. With the tools provided in HP you are able to limit or not limit torque a couple other ways than that. It's up to you. I don't believe you will have issues with any of the major operating logic of the computer by doing what you did.
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Advanced Tuner
    Would it be better to have Min Torque Offset set at 21 or 7?

Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    Would it be better to have Min Torque Offset set at 21 or 7?
    You have ESP disabled. You can put whatever number you want in there. Wont make a difference.
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

You are right about the stock values being important for shifting logic. I couldn't get my transmission to shift the way I wanted, and after fighting it for many months, I put the torque axis back to stock values. Everything shifts well again!
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms