Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Validate checksum failed. 2005 Dodge cummins

Potential Tuner

Validate checksum failed. 2005 Dodge cummins

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram and the invalid checksum error message pops up. After that another message comes up saying I will be unable to edit file. I'm at a loss? I sent an email and they don't even know what to do. Am I the only one that's had this problem with an 05 cummins?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've seen it a few times. Have not heard of a fix yet.. If HPTuners would let us change vins to load know proven tunes it would make it so much easier!

Potential Tuner
    Most of the issues I have had with hp have all been with 05s for whatever reason. Sorry I cant help with the validate checksum failure, havent ran into that one yet. I would agree with Dom_c13b. With efi live (or other programs) we have a lot more flexability with operating systems and vin changes. Would be nice to use a good known file against one thats causing issues like your having. Just flash over it so to speak. Have you guys ran into any issues with flashing hp files through the edge cts pro? Any modified file I flash will run first gear out to 3400 rpm before shifting to 2nd. Stock file shifts fine. Got a hold of tech and edge. Guy from edge told me the governor pressure solenoid was faulty in trans. Ive logged gov. pressure stock file and modified, no glitches in either file, I made one change to a timing table alone and it will tach 1st gear out. I guess I find it hard to beleive the solenoid goes bad after one timing table change beacause of the added power. I appologize for somewhat hacking your thread here. Hopefully someone from hp will chime in and get you some help!

I've had trans issues with edge files as well. not the same as yours, this truck will just take a lot more throttle to downshift than it should. Something's not quit right.

Potential Tuner
    I have an 04.5 Dodge and got the same errors. Sent to Support and have not heard anything from them has been over two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Mscoles View Post
    I have an 04.5 Dodge and got the same errors. Sent to Support and have not heard anything from them has been over two weeks
    What's your ticket #?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Same here. My ticket number is #88542

Tuner in Training
    Same here. Mine is a 2004.5. My ticket number is 86823. I spent $200 to have dodge reflash all my ecms' and still the same thing.
    So I have $800 into something I can't use and no type of timeframe on when it would be fixed. It would have been nice to be waned of this before I blew my money on it.
    Last edited by Langchung; 06-29-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added year of truck

Potential Tuner
    Same issue here. Ticket ID: 88558

Keith,
    Is this issue going to be addressed? Any updates on these issues?
    These issues are probably the reason why EFI Live does not support the 05 CTDs.
    They did claim at one point to release coverage for the 05 CTDs, that was several years ago. Still nothing.
    Reason I bought HPT was it covered the 05 CTDs.

error1.jpg
    error2.jpg
    Last edited by Roqster; 07-02-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Information

Tuner in Training
    Keith,

Why can HP not change the Vin Licensing process? With your competitor it makes problems like this a non issue. So much easier to do manual to auto swaps, or ecm swaps. Also some OS seem to act better than others. Don't take this as a rant, just would like the software not be so limited to the end user.

Thanks

Sam

Potential Tuner
    Same problem here , Validate checksum failed on a 2003 Dodge cummins ticket: 89155

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone with this problem tried pulling the stock file with an edge insight pro?
    Also, how long has everyone been waiting and did you have a tuner on the truck before you tried using hp tuners?

Quote Originally Posted by Langchung View Post
    Has anyone with this problem tried pulling the stock file with an edge insight pro?
    Also, how long has everyone been waiting and did you have a tuner on the truck before you tried using hp tuners?
    03-05 trucks are write only. The operating system number is read, and a stock file is provided, if you hit the read button. I've had a couple unsupported ones pop up, took about a week to get a definition update.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Potential Tuner
    I have the same issue, just got the tuner today in the mail. Plugged in to my 2005 Cummins. Validate Checksum failed. Definitions failed to load. Ticket #89655.

I am on version 3.4.89 of the editor.. Maybe a update?

(i updated to the latest version 3.6) and it still didnt solve the issue. Also when i hit gather info it does not find a VIN and I have to manually type it in.
    Last edited by tikigod1539; 07-06-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    03-05 trucks are write only. The operating system number is read, and a stock file is provided, if you hit the read button. I've had a couple unsupported ones pop up, took about a week to get a definition update.
    It was my understanding that if you are using an edge insight that you first load the stock tune into the monitor. Then you hook up the monitor, or send it to whoever is tuning for you, and create a tune. Then upload the tune to your trucks ecm with the monitor.

Potential Tuner
    What's the fix for this??? My 04.5 cummins is having this problem. Returned smarty back too stock settings.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 RUM View Post
    Keith,

Why can HP not change the Vin Licensing process? With your competitor it makes problems like this a non issue. So much easier to do manual to auto swaps, or ecm swaps. Also some OS seem to act better than others. Don't take this as a rant, just would like the software not be so limited to the end user.

Thanks

Sam
    Keith@HPTuners any insight on above question would be great.

Thanks

Sam

Tuner in Training
    I got the same problem. I bought the HP tuners mainly because the ability to tune the 05 Cummins and now it seems like its not going to happen.

On a good note, I also bought it to tune my 77 Datsun 280z with a LS swap. already fixed my transmission shifting problems on the drag strip and improved timing. love the data logging.

Potential Tuner
    I have a late model 04 dodge and trying to switch over from smarty and getting the "validate checksum failed".

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Known issue that we hope to be able to look into further towards the end of next week as we need a vehicle that has the issue here(we are unable to recreate the issue on the bench).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"