Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Validate checksum failed. 2005 Dodge cummins

Potential Tuner
    I am getting these error codes when I open the vcm scanner without being plugged in too truck, idk if that is from it "loading the last tune" or if its even doing that since I have never put a tune on the truck with hptuners.

Tuner in Training
    Bill,

Why not just allow us to flash in a good known base file. Put the correct VIN in, and flash in the ecm that is giving the checksum error. Problem solved...

Thanks

Sam
    Last edited by 30 RUM; 07-26-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Known issue that we hope to be able to look into further towards the end of next week as we need a vehicle that has the issue here(we are unable to recreate the issue on the bench).

Where are you guys located?? I'll bring in my truck. Had a smarty on it had it reset back to stock. Couldn't read file. Had it flashed by dealer still can't read file. This sucks.

03 cummins 6 speed, spending about 40% more in fuel towing stock and have dropped a lot on tuning to get nada

Potential Tuner
    They are north of Chicago, I'm in Tn, little far for me.

Tuner in Training
    I'm in northwestern Ohio. I would be glad to help if I can. My ticket number is 86823 if anyone would like to email me. I could drop my truck off for a while and ride the Harley.
    Last edited by Langchung; 07-26-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else with my 2004.5 Cummins, check sum error. What are we supposed to do??? Someone needs to resolve the issue and quit beating around the bush, $500 for a tuning suite that doesn't work is a bunch of crap.

Potential Tuner
    No its been 6 weeks and still nothing, HP needs to get their you now what together. Sending mine back and getting a refund.

Potential Tuner
    I have an '05 auto with the same issue. Ticket 91929, been waiting a week. How bad do you need a truck? I wouldnt be thrilled about it, but I'm under 3 hours away.

Tuner in Training
    Wow... this is great news... Mine just did the same thing. I'll be on the phone with visa tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickCollins View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else with my 2004.5 Cummins, check sum error. What are we supposed to do??? Someone needs to resolve the issue and quit beating around the bush, $500 for a tuning suite that doesn't work is a bunch of crap.
    I'm $850 plus shipping on mine. I bought from anarchy along with 2 tunes. This should be a great way to piss of a retailer.

if you guys find a friendly dealer and have your truck "reflashed" at the dealer then this has fixed all checksum errors for me, or if you know someone handy with a laptop that has INSITE then they can reflash to factory for you i think i might have an extra pcm laying around if anyone wants it to swap out

and for everyone pissed off about the tuning suite not working, just be patient, I my experience, it works on a stock-virgin-never been touched ecm, not one that has been returned to "stock"... you guys do realize the this is about the cheapest licensed tuning device available with more adjustable options than most will ever need

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by crash01 View Post
    and for everyone pissed off about the tuning suite not working, just be patient, I my experience, it works on a stock-virgin-never been touched ecm, not one that has been returned to "stock"... you guys do realize the this is about the cheapest licensed tuning device available with more adjustable options than most will ever need
    Lol... It's currently not a tuner... it's a paperweight; A$500 paperweight.... This is an issue that has been brought to their attention for over a month. When asked evidently HP-T says they will "get to it next week"
    Last edited by Chowderhead72; 08-02-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    if you guys find a friendly dealer and have your truck "reflashed" at the dealer then this has fixed all checksum errors for me, or if you know someone handy with a laptop that has INSITE then they can reflash to factory for you i think i might have an extra pcm laying around if anyone wants it to swap out
    I've had mine reflashed by dodge, still same problem. How do you hook up insite through the dodge dlc? I've tried that it it won't connect with an inline 7 or 6. My 04.5 doesn't have the data link connector on the engine harness, and I'm pretty sure other years do not have it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Langchung View Post
    I've had mine reflashed by dodge, still same problem. How do you hook up insite through the dodge dlc? I've tried that it it won't connect with an inline 7 or 6. My 04.5 doesn't have the data link connector on the engine harness, and I'm pretty sure other years do not have it either.
    i do mine with a bench harness and inline5 never tried a 6 or 7

dont you guys remember the big stink with efi live and the cummins, they still specifically say that if another tuner has ever been used then it must be reflashed by dodge first or u risk bricking the ecm, its in the user notes i think, if i find the link ill post it

Tuner in Training
    dont you guys remember the big stink with efi live and the cummins, they still specifically say that if another tuner has ever been used then it must be reflashed by dodge first or u risk bricking the ecm, its in the user notes i think, if i find the link ill post it
    Irrelevant... Different software, different system.

With efilive you can change the vin of a known good file and flash it in though. A file that has good checksum's and such. The issue with them initially was people reading out the ecm's that were returned to stock and having checksum issues. If you start with a good known file and flash over the garbage than there isn't an issue. It would solve a lot of problems to just be able to change a vin and flash.

agreed, but how hp licenses wont let us do that

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    With efilive you can change the vin of a known good file and flash it in though. A file that has good checksum's and such. The issue with them initially was people reading out the ecm's that were returned to stock and having checksum issues. If you start with a good known file and flash over the garbage than there isn't an issue. It would solve a lot of problems to just be able to change a vin and flash.
    You are correct, I have only asked this exact question 3 times and never got a response.... It's funny when the question is directed directly at Bill and still no answer. It is a little frustrating that the HP system is so restrictive.