Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Validate checksum failed. 2005 Dodge cummins

It makes it very challenging for the tuner as well. Due to the fact that we have to re-write the tune every time instead of being able to start with a base tune and make adjustments for individuals, makes it very time consuming compared to other software's.

Tuner in Training
    Hp tuners got my interface back to me yesterday, I sent it out last thursday. It works now and I've been familiarizing myself with it all day today. It sucked having to wait, but they got the problem fixed for me.

Good to hear, hopefully they get this all taken care of for everyone.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    It makes it very challenging for the tuner as well. Due to the fact that we have to re-write the tune every time instead of being able to start with a base tune and make adjustments for individuals, makes it very time consuming compared to other software's.
    Dom_c13b, you are correct about the time consuming part. Not sure if you use it or not, but use the compare tool. It will save you a lot of time, just be careful between years, sometimes you do not want to copy all of the maps over to the new file.

Yes I use the compare tool everytime! I do like that I can compare from different years and operating systems even though they are often different it's nice to see how they set them up different.

Potential Tuner
    I got my interface back a few nights ago. When I hooked up it did not read a file from my ECM, it pulled a provided file. I was able to license fine and all seems to work now.

Potential Tuner
    Wow wish I had seen this before purchase, bought pro version with overnight shipping (both a waste for this truck) 04.5 cummins. Got the same errors and now HP tuners wants me to send back the interface for repair. They said UPS will make 3 attempts to pick it up.
    Guess I need to sit here until UPS shows up, what a joke. If they know there are units at authorized dealers that need repair then they should recall them not send them out to customers for us deal with the problems.
    I've owned many tuners and was really excided to finally get one for this truck that will do most of what EFI will. Now nothing but a frustrating start with HP tuners who don't even have a phone number to call?
    UPS from CA to ILL....another joke, why not just email a USPS Priority mail label and I could give it to the mailman or drop it off at the PO.
    Or better yet do what most good retailers do, send me a working unit with a return label inside! Then I return the outdated pos I was sent.
    Very unhappy with this start and I have a feeling the fun has just started.

Potential Tuner
    Waited all day for the UPS pickup and no driver showed. HPtuners sent me the UPS label and pickup info this morning with no other instructions. Now HPtuners will have wasted two full days of my life not to mention the tuner is still sitting here so no closer to IL.
    This has to be some of the worst customer service I've ever seen.

Tuner in Training
    Why don't you just drop it at a ups store ?

Potential Tuner
    They didn't send me a label, they ordered a pickup. That would have been great I suggested sending me a label but they haven't answered the last to replies to my ticket.
    I should've just sent it USPS Priority and paid for the shipping myself.

Potential Tuner
    I didn't want to leave it outside or wait for a truck. I was not a fan of that shipping method. I would have preferred a label emailed. I just called my UPS store and they said they could print the label there. Worked fine. Call your closest UPS and see what they can do for you. Mine sent me over one town to the bigger distribution center, but it wasn't far for me.

Has this been resolved?
    My truck has been returned to stock for quite awhile now, had Bully Dog for a long time.
    This thread scares the heck out of me
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    New to HP-Tuners
    So if you make a tune, go out and log it and want to make changes you have to start over everytime?
    Can you save a copy so at least you can reference where you were?
    Do you have to license every change?
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Just wanted to say they got my interface back to me and works great now. They also have been quick to respond to my questions at support. I just had to understand they use email so just have to be patient when something comes up.
    I'm running a Firepunk tune from Lavon and it is a huge improvement over my Smarty s06 on level 9. Can't wait to get on the dyno, but for now my truck is running better than it ever has. Way more power, much less smoke and EGT's are more in check now. I do want to write my own tune at some point but wanted the truck running safe for now.
    Very happy with both HPtuners and Lavon well worth the money to switch and now I can sell the Smarty to help cover some of the cost.
    04.5 Cummins QCLBDRW 6SPD Garrett GT3788R stage3, BBi 1.5's, ARP head studs, Colt Stage 4 Cam, Manton push rods, Hamilton 103 valve springs, ATS 2 piece exhaust manifold, DTT Assassin mechanical lift pump, 5/8" lines from sump, Banks Technicooler, monster intake, Air Boss cr plenum, custom built spool aid with 1 3/4" tubes to #1 and #6, Bag o parts in the CP3,SB cold air with scoop, PacBrake, Southbend dual disk clutch, one piece 5" rear driveshaft HPtuning by Firepunk

Potential Tuner
    Just wanted to say they got my interface back to me and works great now. They also have been quick to respond to my questions at support. I just had to understand they use email so just have to be patient when something comes up.
    I'm running a Firepunk tune from Lavon and it is a huge improvement over my Smarty s06 on level 9. Can't wait to get on the dyno, but for now my truck is running better than it ever has. Way more power, much less smoke and EGT's are more in check now. I do want to write my own tune at some point but wanted the truck running safe for now.
    Very happy with both HPtuners and Lavon well worth the money to switch and now I can sell the Smarty to help cover some of the cost.
    04.5 Cummins QCLBDRW 6SPD Garrett GT3788R stage3, BBi 1.5's, ARP head studs, Colt Stage 4 Cam, Manton push rods, Hamilton 103 valve springs, ATS 2 piece exhaust manifold, DTT Assassin mechanical lift pump, 5/8" lines from sump, Banks Technicooler, monster intake, Air Boss cr plenum, custom built spool aid with 1 3/4" tubes to #1 and #6, Bag o parts in the CP3,SB cold air with scoop, PacBrake, Southbend dual disk clutch, one piece 5" rear driveshaft HPtuning by Firepunk