Thread: GPS Export feature

Tuner

GPS Export feature

Is it much trouble to add a routine to export the GPS data in the GPX or KML format? I would like to map the data in my mapping software, and merge it with the rest of the GPS tracking when I travel.

thanks.
    Last edited by guitarZ; 06-28-2017 at 07:30 PM.

KML format export (Google Earth / Keyhole Markup Language) is supported in TrackAddict 3.5 and newer (released in early May)... After recording a session, open it and then press the "Share" button, where you should find "Send Data File (CSV / KML / VBO)", followed by a screen where you can select "Google Earth .KML". This feature should be available for all new recordings, as well as ones made in the past year or two.

Additionally, if you're using RaceRender on your computer, it also has the ability to export most supported GPS-equipped data formats into CSV, GPX, or KML... Right click on the data file under the "Input Files" list, select "Export Data...", then choose the desired format.

Tuner
    Thank Weston.

That's probably the only thing I never learned about the application. Be sure to get it into the user manual. Usually, I just use the Play Video and file buttons to view and delete the sessions.

Potential Tuner
    This does not work as expected with the OS-X version, where right-clicking is something that's generally simulated by control-clicking. That said, I dug out a 2-button mouse and it works with that.

Quote Originally Posted by lkelly View Post
    This does not work as expected with the OS-X version, where right-clicking is something that's generally simulated by control-clicking. That said, I dug out a 2-button mouse and it works with that.
    On Mac trackpads, a two-finger click will do it. On the Magic Mouse, you may need to first enable the "Secondary Click" option in the System Preferences, and then clicking on the right side of the mouse should do it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    On Mac trackpads, a two-finger click will do it. On the Magic Mouse, you may need to first enable the "Secondary Click" option in the System Preferences, and then clicking on the right side of the mouse should do it.
    Thanks! This was driving me crazy tonight.