Thread: TCC unlocks if you think about the throttle

Tuner in Training

TCC unlocks if you think about the throttle

2003 Suburban 4WD, 5.3 flex fuel, 4WD, 4L60E built with a shift kit, beast Sun Shell, billet everything, 5 pinion planetaries, so it is basically a 4L65E I guess. Anytime I am driving with the TCC locked, if I touch the throttle at all, the TCC releases, but not cleanly, it chatters. I would like it to hold a little, and then release better. I think I have the release figured out thanks to the stickies, but how do I address the amount of throttle before it lets go? The value in the minimum throttle release is 36, 38, 2, 2, 2, 2, going down the list. Is that saying at a 2% change in TPS release?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Mike

Tuner in Training
    OK, on the sluggish and chattery release of the TCC, I looked in the apply table and everything is high 80's to high 90's, no far off the recommended 100. On the release table, they are single digits?!?! OK, solved that problem, bump them up a lot and move on.

Are the minimum throttle release values the amount of change in the TPS to get it to lock/unlock?

Tuner in Training
    So I found a post where a guy had a similar issue and changed those minimum throttle release values to zero. Tried that along with the other changes, and WOW! it is like a totally different truck. TCC goes in and out like it should, stayed in on all but the longest hills in cruise or not.
    Thanks for the info on here, wish I had gotten any response, but the problem is fixed, Amen!

Good to see you got er' figured out,....plus, I learned something from your issue/resolution. Thanks for updating and sharing so others can learn as well.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..