Thread: commanded AFR

Potential Tuner

commanded AFR

While checking parameters on my 07 Tahoe I noticed it does not read commanded AFR. What am I missing? I tried searching the forums to no avail. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by MTChevy View Post
    While checking parameters on my 07 Tahoe I noticed it does not read commanded AFR. What am I missing? I tried searching the forums to no avail. Thanks!
    Your logging the commanded EQ which is all you need anyway.

Refer to my thread.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...339-Lambda-Pro
    Persistence is the key to success

10SecSleeper,...I'm simply trying to learn bud and I know these are probably dumb questions to an experienced guy,.....but,....
    What does the 4 different charts (Power Enrichment V1,2,3, Boost) mean and/or represent/ how used? Another dumb question (I have a lot of those due to newbieness), what do all those VP****** (Fuel Stoich Values - yellow chart) mean/represent?

Thanks man.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinson View Post
    10SecSleeper,...I'm simply trying to learn bud and I know these are probably dumb questions to an experienced guy,.....but,....
    What does the 4 different charts (Power Enrichment V1,2,3, Boost) mean and/or represent/ how used? Another dumb question (I have a lot of those due to newbieness), what do all those VP****** (Fuel Stoich Values - yellow chart) mean/represent?

Thanks man.
    The reason there's several different PE enrichment's.

The spreadsheet is made to cover all the common PE enrichment's, as well as Boost Enrichment.

You simply see which one matches up to your vehicle.

Then you adjust lambda only to achieve the AFR you desire. As for the fuel stoich values, those are pretty self explanatory.
    Persistence is the key to success

Thanks for helping a new guy try to learn 10SecSleeper. Gotcha on the common PE enrichments charts/ match to what you have, that's cool.

On the Stoich values (yellow chart) I simply didn't/don't know what those VP SP 100, VP C10, VP C16, VP 110, VP MS109 mean? I understand the different fuel types and their air to fuel ratios, simply don't know what those VP#'s mean.

As soon as you say a response, my mind will say "aaaaahhhhh yes, that's it (and then think, well I just asked a stupid question again)."

Nice chart by the way,...I've already saved it for future (I'm sure many people on here have as well).

Thanks man.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

They are just different octane fuels. Like C16 is race gas, 116 octane. VP110 is leaded race fuel.

VP is a brand.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Aaaaaahhhhh yes, that's it (I indeed asked another dumb question). Race fuels I'm unfamiliar with.

Thanks 5FDP, been reading your posts for awhile now,...you always provide perfect answers.