Thread: 2009 VIPER issue

Tuner in Training

2009 VIPER issue

hi,

I hook the hptuner latest version and it opens but shows nothing. Do I have to first get the 20 credit before being able to use scan function using VSM scanner?

Also when I try to download the stock file I get message: "the data you just read isnt from your vehicle. your vehicle isn't readable......."
    when I run diagnostics i get code p1628,p2104,p2106,p210e,p2127,u0140 lost communication with body control module. Could this be the reason for no connection? will this affect operation?

I have encountered many issues where it will pause and show not readable !

I am trying to avoid going for motec set up set up and was hoping that with HP tuner I can achieve something. aA this point of time, I can not scan or confirm comaptibilty before going for spending the 20 credits!

I hope I can get the support and guidence ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomystic View Post
    hi,

I hook the hptuner latest version and it opens but shows nothing. Do I have to first get the 20 credit before being able to use scan function using VSM scanner?

Also when I try to download the stock file I get message: "the data you just read isnt from your vehicle. your vehicle isn't readable......."
    when I run diagnostics i get code p1628,p2104,p2106,p210e,p2127,u0140 lost communication with body control module. Could this be the reason for no connection? will this affect operation?

I have encountered many issues where it will pause and show not readable !

I am trying to avoid going for motec set up set up and was hoping that with HP tuner I can achieve something. aA this point of time, I can not scan or confirm comaptibilty before going for spending the 20 credits!

I hope I can get the support and guidence ...
    You should find your answers in the Gen3/Gen4 Viper sticky at the top of this forum.

Here's the link: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...ailable-in-3-0

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i would not tune a crazy combo on the stock ecu thats for sure.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

The Viper 2008 up are a push only ECM... You can not read them.
    When you buy the credits you'll get a stock file to modify from there.
    It's a PITA but it works.
    I did a 08 Viper engine in a 68 Road Runner. Getting it to quit going in limp mode was a pain.. but finally figured it out and it's been great for the customer for over a year now.
    ~Scott

Quote Originally Posted by UR50SLO View Post
    The Viper 2008 up are a push only ECM... You can not read them.
    When you buy the credits you'll get a stock file to modify from there.
    It's a PITA but it works.
    I did a 08 Viper engine in a 68 Road Runner. Getting it to quit going in limp mode was a pain.. but finally figured it out and it's been great for the customer for over a year now.
    ~Scott
    I remember that one...what did you end up adjusting to keep it from going into limp mode?
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Sorry I rarely have time for Forums anymore.

So what was going on with the RoadRunner was under 40% throttle it drove perfect... at 100% it also was happy.

But anything in the 40-90% it would limp.

So in the estimated Torque Tables is where the problem was. It took me forever to find it.
    That one damn table was it.
    I slowly took the table down 2% at a time from 40% to 90% I think the problem was with the weight of the car (Heavy)
    VS the Viper... and gearing.
    It was not happy in that throttle range till I reduced the estimated torque table from memory.
    It's been down in TX for several years with no issues.
    ~Scott

Advanced Tuner
    ^ im not 100% sure what your tables are showing regarding terminology, but is that similar to setting the max torq - torque limit vs. rpm values all to the highest # to each rpm table listed for that section within the tab?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.