Thread: Beginner needs help with IAT scale

Beginner needs help with IAT scale

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get my IAT scale correct? I swapped my old MAF for a blade style, I used a stock ls3 2010 Camaro compare to get the MAF scale correct but the IAT frequencies are different and honestly I'm lost. I attached my tune with the MAF scale done. I'm guessing my OS is not the same? I'll include the Camaro tune for comparison.
    Thx1264989581.hpt6.0mass.hpt

Nobody?

if you have access to a ls3 tune..look at the IAT sensor cal. Run your mouse arrow over 'resistance', click it. YOu will bring up another table with a grid starting at 0 going to 32. copy paste this to your tune. Then copy/paste the Iat sensor curve(the one with the temperture settings) of the ls3 to your tune. Now the temp to resistance should read right.
    2005 gto A4
    Darton sleeved 427, prc ls3 heads, custom cam 243/257
    Fti 3400 triple disc convertor
    553/555 N/A 839/823 nitrous on hub dyno

^^^^^ Agree....Open the 13 file and go to the IAT 1 table. Open it. Click on the Resistance label and the axis table will appear. Copy the resistance values. Open the 08 file, go to the IAT 1 table, open it, click the Resistance lable, the 08 axis table will appear, paste the reistance values from the 13 you copied into the 08.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by 13qtr View Post
    if you have access to a ls3 tune..look at the IAT sensor cal. Run your mouse arrow over 'resistance', click it. YOu will bring up another table with a grid starting at 0 going to 32. copy paste this to your tune. Then copy/paste the Iat sensor curve(the one with the temperture settings) of the ls3 to your tune. Now the temp to resistance should read right.
    Geez I feel stupid thx for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    ^^^^^ Agree....Open the 13 file and go to the IAT 1 table. Open it. Click on the Resistance label and the axis table will appear. Copy the resistance values. Open the 08 file, go to the IAT 1 table, open it, click the Resistance lable, the 08 axis table will appear, paste the reistance values from the 13 you copied into the 08.

Ed M
    Thx for the help, guess i should have bought my hp tuners from you and got my two hour training. I will be looking into the 10 hour session in the near future, thats a bargin.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb6.0 View Post
    Thx for the help, guess i should have bought my hp tuners from you and got my two hour training. I will be looking into the 10 hour session in the near future, thats a bargin.
    Thanks for starting this thread. I had a similar issue to you. I have an 07 E38 out of a Silverado that I also changed to the card style MAF. When I did some MAF err tuning, I noticed the range on the MAF low and MAF high tables were different from a 2010 Camaro. I copied and pasted the labels from the Camaro tune into my tune and it worked great. I didn't notice the IAT table is different too, until I saw this thread. I ran the car on Sat (80 degrees ambient, hood up, fan in from to the air filter. IAT's were showing 115 degrees. I copy and pasted the 2010 Camaro IAT table into my tune. When I refined the car, my IATs were reading a much more believable 85 degrees. I'm sure now that the ECM was pulling timing out because of erroneously high IATs. Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb6.0 View Post
    Thank you for the props...look forward to working with you in the near future...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. I had a similar issue to you. I have an 07 E38 out of a Silverado that I also changed to the card style MAF. When I did some MAF err tuning, I noticed the range on the MAF low and MAF high tables were different from a 2010 Camaro. I copied and pasted the labels from the Camaro tune into my tune and it worked great. I didn't notice the IAT table is different too, until I saw this thread. I ran the car on Sat (80 degrees ambient, hood up, fan in from to the air filter. IAT's were showing 115 degrees. I copy and pasted the 2010 Camaro IAT table into my tune. When I refined the car, my IATs were reading a much more believable 85 degrees. I'm sure now that the ECM was pulling timing out because of erroneously high IATs. Thank you again!
    Your welcome glad it helped. Unfortunately for me I got it correct I think, but I'm still having drivability issues. I posted another thread about my issue with a short log and the tune. I might have sensor or wiring problems. Ill see if anybody can help.