Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copperhead Calibration Only Reflashing now in VCM Suite 3.7 Beta

Copperhead Calibration Only Reflashing now in VCM Suite 3.7 Beta

Several customers have contacted us about adding the ability to do calibration only reflashes on the Copperhead to save time.

As of VCM Suite 3.7.110, this is now the default method for flashing. You must first disable the P0605 DTC from the DTC list before using this method of reflashing.

Total time required for a full reflash is 3 minutes, 15 seconds.

Total time required for a calibration only reflash is 53 seconds.

If you are changing strategies, or applying an OS Patch (such as the Copperhead limiter patch), you must do a full reflash. Once the strategy has been changed or the patch applied, you can use calibration only.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Thank you. The time saved definitely adds up.

Same here. Thank you Eric. That makes things so much easier.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    You the real MVP Eric, so we should make sure the first write is a write entire and then after that we can always use write calibration only(unless we are applying a patch of changing strategy)? or can we read the stock file and immediately do just a write calibration only the first time we go to flash the car?
    Last edited by Jn2; 07-05-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Noticed the rest of the torque ratio tables were labeled too.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Noticed the rest of the torque ratio tables were labeled too.
    Wot you are right....wonder what else has been added
    Attached Images Attached Images

Noticed fuel rail temp compensation too. Yea that labeling fixed my target N hunting issue. It was disabled lol

Awesome! This will certainly save a lot of time.

Any chance this will be coming to the TC-1797 Eco?

You da man Eric!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Awesome! This will certainly save a lot of time.

Any chance this will be coming to the TC-1797 Eco?

You da man Eric!
    As of the latest 3.7, TC-1797 takes ~50 seconds using the same method.
    TC-1767 and Oak1472 have also been updated with 30 and 40 second flash times.

Senior Tuner
    Is there a changelog somewhere for the Beta so I can keep an eye on it to see if anything gets added that I would be interested in? I don't want to miss any little changes that don't get mentioned and could help me write better tunes.

I can't seem to locate a download for the beta? where can I get 3.7?

Senior Tuner
    Email [email protected] and ask them to add it to your downloads page. Include your interface id

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Wot you are right....wonder what else has been added
    2011 Coyote Mustang

TorqueMulitplierVsLambda.PNG
    Last edited by tbrtuning; 07-06-2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: wrong year car

Senior Tuner
    The clip/add torque makes more sense with off, look up, intervention prevention, adaptive rather than what it was. I saw a few other switch labels.

Senior Tuner
    Yes. They added some Ecoboost truck stuff too. Started messing with one this morning and saw it. They say the HSPI and LSPI tables are based on octane modifier like I have always thought would make sense rather than what one of the major teaching sources said they are in relation to. I've been keeping my high where I want it and dropping 0.05 or so to nominal then more to low so it works out.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a questiona bout the "disable P0605" part of the instructions.

I tried to use "write calibration" last night on a Saleen I was tuning and it gave me a window to make sure the code was disabled, I double checked and the code was set to "no error reported", but to be safe I made sure the drop down list didn't also have a "disabled" option. Since it did not does this mean we only need to make sure the code is set to "no error reported" not "disabled"?

Pretty sure it's No error reported. That's what I've been using and it's flashed fine with a calibration write only.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Pretty sure it's No error reported. That's what I've been using and it's flashed fine with a calibration write only.
    Awesome, thats what I figured but wanted to be sure.

Advanced Tuner
    Wrapped up a tuning session over the weekend and got to say the "write calibration" functions saves so much time

Tuning Addict
    It didn't save me a whole lot of time on the whipple tune OS - honestly seconds If that, but saved LOTS of time on the Roush OS I tuned today... May have just been the Roush OS as they cause issues randomly on their own, but has anyone had problems with traction and stabilitrac lights randomly coming on with engine fire up after doing it this way? Honestly was probably just where I forgot to do a full vehicle DTC clear after dynoing and completely my fault, but wanted to make sure - all lights went out after driving a second time like they did the first time - thought they would have stayed off after passing everything the first drive?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC