Thread: 1997 c1500 6.0l swap

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 1997 c1500 6.0l swap

Looking for help still new to the hptuner world ! just completed a 6.0l and 4l80 swap into my 97 1500. I built my own harness using the junk yard harness that came with the motor and deleted the oem computer and harness from the factory truck and wired in the junk yard harness into trucks left over harness just for a cleaner look. So on Friday I finally got to the programmer part of the swap and retrieved the factory tune and was able to connect to the computer and see my tps signals and o2 and everything else so it did start to connect and I was able to communicate. I deleted the options I wanted to and tried to write the file when it started to down load it and it said that it was a 2002 chevy 6.0l but it said the hardware was from a 1998 4.3l which was the last truck I used it on. Just to do a security delete on, the file said failed to write now the hptuner will not establish communication and says it failed protocol and now my snap on scanner will not connect either any help would be great !!!!! I am going to get another ecm and plug it in and see if it connects, is it possible I fried the computer ? and why would it keep showing information from the last vehicle I licenced ? Did I screw up the write ? Could that cause the problem I'm having
    Last edited by Ottox; 07-04-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Try the GM gen 3 forum. Might get more traffic that way.