Thread: LT4 max timing at wot

Tuner

LT4 max timing at wot

I was wondering if anyone knows the max timing for these new engines particularly lt4 at WOT at 15psi. LSA/ls9 supercharger engines 25 degree of timing was the maximum in my experience for HP. anything over that never seen any real gains. Any idea concerning LT4. currently running 20 degrees without any kr. fine tuning the SOI really help eliminating kr.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows the max timing for these new engines particularly lt4 at WOT at 15psi. LSA/ls9 supercharger engines 25 degree of timing was the maximum in my experience for HP. anything over that never seen any real gains. Any idea concerning LT4. currently running 20 degrees without any kr. fine tuning the SOI really help eliminating kr.
    Cheers

Octane and cylinder heat dictates a lot of timing... a stock blower speed lt4 can take more timing then one with upper and lower pulley... same goes for one with meth or race fuel vs 93 pump..
    I did a cam lt4 with 110 octane and upper pulley (exhaust/supporting mods) that made best output at 22-23... that same setup on 93 be around 19-20

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    Cheers
    Don't go off KR to tell you what MBT of the cylinder is ha... that's a bad way of doing it... you are honestly close to what spark should be, don't get greedy.
    Start of injection is a great place to control fuel in the cylinder... lots of time KR is false on these setups or "Fuel" knock happens.. that's when adjusting SOI helps

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    I have an electronic ear I used to determine real Knock . i did hear some kr at upper rpm starting at 6000, I tweaked the soi in that range and it seemed of gone away. running about 20 degrees of timing and I never touched the knock sensor. not sure what MBT means. I am running 91 octane with alky 15 nozzle. I did lightly reshape the head combustion chamber by removing any sharp edges, and glass bead pistons maybe that help. Cheers!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    right! thanks