Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does HP have the calibration for M-9452-M8 Power Pack 3 ford racing.

Senior Tuner
    I'm honestly not positive. I've never tried it. I do know some tables are different though and the Driver Demand is what came to mind.

Senior Tuner
    Does anyone have a FRPP stage 3 manual trans? Worried this auto tune will mess with my manual too much, not worth the 6 credits

Senior Tuner
    So I tried to copy over the MAF, TB data, and IMRC info and I obviously missed something, IPC torque error is maxed at 446lbft the entire time, wont go above 2k rpms. Did I F something up you can see? Also getting P061B - Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance (Pending)

FRPP Stage 3 with Catless Headers.hpl

Stock Tune 2015 PP Manual GT_Headers & FRPP Stage 3.hpt

Tuner
    Can you post that? Roush only changes the CAI and not the TB and Intake manifold.

Senior Tuner
    Post what? I changed the CAI, intake and TB

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    So I tried to copy over the MAF, TB data, and IMRC info and I obviously missed something, IPC torque error is maxed at 446lbft the entire time, wont go above 2k rpms. Did I F something up you can see? Also getting P061B - Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance (Pending)

FRPP Stage 3 with Catless Headers.hpl

Stock Tune 2015 PP Manual GT_Headers & FRPP Stage 3.hpt
    did you try to change your ipc torque table ? your log says"pedal follower"

Senior Tuner
    Believe I made it match the frpp file posted in this thread. It goes to pedal follower within a few seconds of startup and says some enormous torque error even at idle. Guessing my throttle body function settings are wrong or I shouldn't have changed them.

Senior Tuner
    Not a lot of changes in those pp3 files from stock. TB data is interesting compared to the GT350.

Stock VCT, Stock IMRC, Stock torque tables, Stock driver demand...

They changed the normal mode pedal output to be a little more aggressive.

They bumped up the timing in the borderline tables. Limited the timing it can pull from knock(why?) and limited the timing it can add to the point where it will limit before achieving MBT and not the fuel if the fuel you are using is good enough(really?). It is per cylinder knock and they zeroed out cylinder to cylinder modification. HMM so hopefully what ever OS changes they made that we cant see makes up for this poor utilization of the knock system.

I thought there were other OS changes that couldn't be accessed via HPTuners?

Senior Tuner
    [QUOTE=murfie;491719] TB data is interesting compared to the GT350.[QUOTE]

This struck me as strange as well. Based on everything I have learned it makes no sense why the throttle body data could be different with the same throttle body and intake manifold.

Can anyone confirm the MAF sensor included in the cold air kit is intended to be used or if I should be swapping in my stock sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I thought there were other OS changes that couldn't be accessed via HPTuners?
    That's only on the supercharged vehicles...

[QUOTE=06300CSRT8;491732][QUOTE=murfie;491719] TB data is interesting compared to the GT350.

This struck me as strange as well. Based on everything I have learned it makes no sense why the throttle body data could be different with the same throttle body and intake manifold.

Can anyone confirm the MAF sensor included in the cold air kit is intended to be used or if I should be swapping in my stock sensor?
    +1

Senior Tuner
    So what do you guys suggest for someone who manually put together their own FRPP 3 setup and attempting to tune themselves; use the GT350 data or the FRPP3 data?
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-19-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HextallS550 View Post
    I have both Power Pack 2 and 3 hpt files. The PP2 is from my car, how can I remove my VIN so that I can share it. I'd also love to see the PP3 that sweet35th has to compare it to what I have.
    There was an update a short time ago by Ford to the PP2 calibration that fixed a few issues that people were having.
    I sent you a pm about your pp2 tune

Senior Tuner
    So what do you guys suggest for someone who manually put together their own FRPP 3 setup and attempting to tune themselves; use the GT350 data or the FRPP3 data?
    Comparing them I would use the GT350 data. The FRPP3 data looks butchered.

GT350 TB.PNG

FPP3 TB.PNG

Senior Tuner
    I agree, all of my issues relate to the FRPP TB data seemingly very far off, which is strange considering how well the FRPP 3 runs when flashed as a full OS. I am getting 200-300ft/lb of IPC wheel torque error at idle!! Runs for about 5 seconds, trips my 18,000 error threshold and goes into pedal follower mode.

Senior Tuner
    IM lost on what to use for my DD tables (I have 8 considering I am a stick car). Should I start with the GT350 values (which should be too low considering the 5.2L makes more torque)? The FRPP ones I have from this thread are considerably HIGHER in the light cruise and idle area in the single DD table, assumingly because it is for an automatic and not a stick.

IM lost on what to use for my DD tables (I have 8 considering I am a stick car). Should I start with the GT350 values (which should be too low considering the 5.2L makes more torque)? The FRPP ones I have from this thread are considerably HIGHER in the light cruise and idle area in the single DD table, assumingly because it is for an automatic and not a stick.
    did you change your IPC torque tables ? I tracked a tune all day yesterday with this TB,IMRC and DD data without issue .

Senior Tuner
    Yes but have not tried it yet.

You keep saying you used "this DD data" but this tune has ONE table, are you suggesting I use the one table from this auto tune and apply to all my 6 gears DD tables in my m6 tune?
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-20-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Senior Tuner
    If I look at the idle area and just off idle, the FRPP tune commands 35-60 ft lbs of torque whereas my stock GT manual tune and GT350 tune command around 10-20ft lbs. That's more than 3x the torque. I don't see how that can work but willing to give it a shot.

These same values also correspond to the IPC Torque values found in the Idle>Torque sections; FRPP commands the same range here of 40-50ftlbs versus my stock tune and GT350 tune of 15ft/lbs across the board.

EDIT: After checking some stock tune autos, the DD tables are 100% stock in the FRPP 3 tune file, so I will be going that route with my setup using the stock DD tables for my manual setup.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 07-20-2017 at 10:08 AM.