Thread: Polling error

Polling error

I emailed support a few hours ago about a polling issue I ma having trying to tune a friends car. We are in a bit of a time crunch so if support sees this we could really use some help beofre he has to leave out of state tomorrow.

The gist is we cannot use his application key, we end up getting this error...

Thanks
    -Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

A little more infomation. We are able to read this car and scan it just cannot edit the file or write because my box does not recognize his key (and we do know the key is current and correct)

-Ken

Is the software up to date as well?

Using the newest 3.6 build?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I had 3.2.something but have updated to 3.6.21 and having the same issue.

Tried a second laptop and second usb cable. with all licences removed on install, added his licence key, try to read and get unlicensed interface.

So he already has the license to that car on his own HP Tuners?

You'd have to license his file to use it with your MPVI.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

So to be clear, I need both his interface and his licence key. I know we had at one point the ability to use his key with my MVPI. We cannot find his MPVI.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You cannot use your buddies app key on YOUR interface.

Your interface uses YOUR app key

Your buddies interface uses your BUDDIES app key
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You cannot use your buddies app key on YOUR interface.

Your interface uses YOUR app key

Your buddies interface uses your BUDDIES app key
    Would love to have been in that meeting... Customer service and satisfaction seem to be a thing of the past. Shame.

This has nothing to do with customer service or satisfaction.

The application key is tied to a specific interface. You must use your own key with your own interface. The MPVI interface has always been this way.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    This has nothing to do with customer service or satisfaction.

The application key is tied to a specific interface. You must use your own key with your own interface. The MPVI interface has always been this way.
    You just said that to a dissatisfied customer, and its because of the poor customer service (no support numbers to call and 20 hours to get a response that was rude and not helpful in this situation).

Having the tunes tied to a specific tuner significantly limits your users ability to use your products, especially in situations like we had where both of us (and one other friend who had one which finally led to us solving this issue on our own kind of).

My friend now has a lost tuner and no ability to use the licences he bought. It should have been trivial to transfer that licence from one tuner to the other (same car) but it wasnt.

When we did finally figure out we needed credits it was unclear how many we needed to buy. We needed one ls1 tune and the 2bar SD, so we bought 4 credits. Only needed two and now we have two credits we dont need and 10 credits on the other box that cannot be used. How in the world is that anything but bad for the users.

Funny how you got right on this message but no return on a time sensitive issue for a day. Shame on you.

To be fair do believe I was misremembering me using his key with my interface. I used his interface with my laptop and that is why I had his key in my tuner folder.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    For assistance from HP Tuners reps directly you should email support at hptuners.com

The forum is for assistance from other forum members, unfortunately we cannot police & review 30+ forum subsections and thousands of posts each day, its simply not possible.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"