Thread: please take a look to pass the time

Potential Tuner

please take a look to pass the time

This is my car, and over the last year or better my attempt at refining the tune. read a LOT, looked at a lot, and have trialed and errored myself to pieces. if there is anything that may stick out as needing changed, or even if it's the uglier than an edsel, please, please lend some advice if you can.
    2010 camaro
    1 7/8 long tubes
    no cats
    new magnaflow X pipe style muffler where resonator used to live
    cat back exhaust
    all exhaust 2 1/2"
    CAI cold air intake
    front O2's approx 10" from end of headers
    WB about 4" behind O2'sTried t

it runs okay, but my timing map is all pretty where others look all over the place, i figured smoother progressions would be better. tried to tune for O2 sensors after reading severl write ups, the JBZ one especially. Have copied over newer transient settings hoping that would help the super lean wot tip in and rich tip out, tried to adjust the max torque timing table to help after reading as well. I feel like i may be kinda close, but the O2 stuff, transients, and possibly timing is killing me
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    OK, haven't looked at the log or tune, but what exactly is going on with it that we need to be looking for? Just transients and o2 controls?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    yessir, transients and o2 stuff, timing if you have the patience. i made a nice pretty looking spark map that doesn't look much like anything i've seen elsewhere. an overall grade if possible, am i doing things right?

I don't really see much bad going on? Closed loop swings are pretty tight, +/- 2 to 3%, which I think is pretty normal, PE fueling matches commanded (though commanded may be a little lean, play around with it), fuel trims are low.

I like nice smooth tables...

I do some lean tip in it looks like, maybe try increasing manifold volume 20-30% and see if that helps any?

Potential Tuner
    will do, thank you for looking. I'll add a bit of fuel in PE see how it likes it, bump a bit of manifold volume as well, thanks! I've been playing with cam phasing a bit, how much to give it to make the best power but don't really find much there. graphing it vs cyl airmass, airmass starts dropping at around 6 degrees-leaving it at 6 degrees max and it cyl airmass suffers more. I'm kinda thinking it's doing all it can being a stock cam. with the temperatures we have here in the dallas area, i honed in the ve table at about 80 degree temps, and adjust the maf as the seasons change. this log was the last of the maf only runs this morning on the way into work. glad to hear that I'm not hacking stuff to badly and possibly doing things half ass right anyway.
    I'm absolutely open to any and all thoughts and opinions though, learning as i go. Thank you to all that have or will take the time to check it out. this is an absolute stock (bolt ons) 2010 camaro that i drive the living hell out off. well over 6 figures on the mile-o-meter and no real signs of fatigue yet.

Potential Tuner
    if there's anything i may be missing that may help her out a bit (minus a new cam and converter, one day hopefully!) my ears and eyes are wide open. I've learned so much scouring these boards, testing, trying again and again. I thank each and every one of y'all that contribute so much valuable information.

Tuning Addict
    You might want to go back to stock transients - I'm comparing to an auto 10SS / You could also stand to add up to around 4 degrees of timing from 2000 to 5200 rpms / Variable cam - go back to stock / Looks like you might have "hacked" PE a little - nothing horrible / go back to stock PE pedal settings
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    transients returned to stock, manifold volume added 10%- PE pedal back to stock as well. i took a little timing out down low in hopes of ridding the wot tip in knock- still there and thinking because of the super lean tip in issue. I got rid off the AFM and DOD in the tune long ago. In doing so removed the timing stuff for it all, as well as the cam phasing for it. i believe the only timing table at work is the high/low octane ones unless i pass the boundaries of IAT or engine temp, trying to simplify things. i adjusted them as well, to me seemed way conservative-was this a mistake? was so hard to tell what was effecting the timing previously, how it came to it's final number. i'm thinking to maybe return the IAT spark tables back close to stock, add some timing, let that take some out if the incoming air is a bit warm? still have that nasty lean tip in and rich tip out though-
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    and thank you for taking the time to look at this, i know its not a forced induction nitrous fed monster or anything, probably not what y'all typically deal with. i've been running in circles and not sure what, if anything can be done. feel like it should be faster than it is.