Thread: Transmission Range Sensors

Transmission Range Sensors

Howdy,

I'm getting P0705 and P0706 about my transmission Range A Circuit and while I'm troubleshooting the wiring in my swap to see if I have a problem, the wiring diagram for a 2000 Grand Prix GTP shows two things sorta labeled range sensors. One is the internal sensor located in the transmission cannon plug and the other is the external located in the PRNDL switch. Which one of these is the Range A circuit the codes are referring to?

Car does shift through the forward gears as shown by the "Trans Current Gear" channel but I've never seen Park, Neutral, or Reverse in the status. It's also locked thinking it's always in D4 in the "PRNDL Status" channel. I don't want to read too much into the "PRNDL" label to be mislead in chasing wires. It's causing problems since idling in Park or Neutral overlaps with the idle in Drive in the tune which makes it creep at stoplights and surge ~400rpm when you shift out of gear and the load disappears.

Thanks
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    Experimental Physicist

Current:
    1964 Riviera (4.1L Buick Turbo6, 4L80E, L67 PCM)
    2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan (3.8 GDI, 8spd Aisin)
    1998 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 (454, 4L80E)
    SOLD:
    1970 Riviera
    1965 Riviera GS (465 Super Wildcat, SP400) #'s Matching
    1967 Skylark Deluxe
    1997.5 Regal GS

Hi,
    I am not an expert, but may be this source will be helpful for you https://www.icrfq.com/category/38 ? Just type 'transmitter' in the search line and you'll see relevant products. Good luck!