Thread: how long

Advanced Tuner

how long

does it usually take for your laptop to connect to the lc1? i got the serial/usb adapter and it doesnt seem to be connecting when i try to go into the programmer. the laptop is new and fast but somethings amiss. its kinda driving me up a wall.
    my grounds are almost exactly like 97t/sound engineer (thanks for the bins btw) suggested.

Do you get an error message when you try to connect?

The null plug must be in the LC-1 serial in jack. Spin it a few times to ensure a good contact. Spin the plug in the serial out jack as well.

It takes the LC-1 software a while to find the COM port the first time. On my serial port card, it's COM4. You can go to Start - Settings - Control Panel - System - Device Manager to check the COM port.

Hope this helps.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Advanced Tuner
    o ok, i hvent connected yet with the lc1 so ill let it go for a few minutes since its seems to be a bit senial the first time. hopefully thats it.

Advanced Tuner
    ok so i let it try to connect for about 15-20 minutes and nothing, not even an error message..hmm.

Advanced Tuner
    The LC-1 needs to be powered, so if you ran your power from the fuse box, make sure your key is on. Do you see the light blinking and then go solid?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    ok so it was a driver and ground issue, that parts fixed, but now im haveing an issue of a false lean condition and a false 7:1 afr