Thread: Stumble off idle 6r80 w/whipple

Tuner in Training

Stumble off idle 6r80 w/whipple

I am having some issue with a hesitation, stumble on tip in in this car. It has ID1300, with Fore return fuel system, ARH long tubes with no cats, and a Circle D 2b converter. It also has stock throttle body, and a Whipple supercharger. Car drives so so but I don't feel it is where it needs to be. Car makes 700 hp at tires with 9lbs boost on E85 on a Mustang Dyno. I have enclosed the tune file and a log of the tune file. The first time it happens is around 18 seconds in.

It appears to go super lean, I have tried adding fuel in MAF table, and adjusting the transient fueling with no success. It has the same leans spot with pump gas in the tank. I based my tune file off of settings from a Whipple file, but I have found no auto calibrations. Any help would be appreciated.

scott s e85 road.hplScott S A6 whipple d1 final e85.hpt
    LSX AM 444
    Runner up in points 2011
    3rd in points 2012
    8.14@166 all motor
    Driver/ Tuner car 414 Texas mile 263.2mph

Advanced Tuner
    I can see what you mean in the log, there is a (+) STFT spike when you the car starts to move. This may not resolve the issue, but it does look like the MAF curve is quite off during non WOT scenarios, more so in the lower end of the MAF curve. Try correcting the curve to see if it helps....

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 5.24.27 PM.png

Tuner in Training
    something also to note is the torque value is off, max torque of 325ftlbs indicated. I am still fussy on the torque relationship with auto cars, as I know it differs from manual cars.

Jn2
    The fuel trim error is a result of me trying to correct the lean condition, as the trims are negative, (or at least this is what I assume)but it still shows to be super lean. Forgive me if I am missing something.
    LSX AM 444
    Runner up in points 2011
    3rd in points 2012
    8.14@166 all motor
    Driver/ Tuner car 414 Texas mile 263.2mph

Senior Tuner
    Your launch map torque never gets up to your engine torque values. Essentially your not commanding enough torque. The transition is actually causing the TB to shut if you look at the effective area it drops to half at WOT. Your ETC vaccum never goes to zero as your engine is always making more torque than commanded.

Think of launch torque like the engine torque coming out of the TC, after losses to slip, up until peak engine torque. The engine will be making more torque than whats going through the TC until this point. From the peak engine torque will fall with TC torque.
    Last edited by murfie; 07-07-2017 at 01:31 AM.

after you fix what murfie suggested I also think you should raise your Enrichment rate to 1 to get rid of the Delay on fueling.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    unselect OP under mapped points,

also i would lowr tps versus rpm wot enrich

there is also fuel override i would chnge that to your wot target
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 07-09-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161