Thread: Gauges cut out?

Tuner

Gauges cut out?

when I have my VCM scanner on, my gauges will reset every couple of minutes. the car is still running ok, but whenever I disconnect the scanner the car runs ok again..

Also, I noticed that my vcm voltage is around 12.1 isn't that low? shouldn't it be 14 when the car is running?

the car idles a little rough at times too, other than that everything's perfect.

The only parameters I've edited thus far is speed limiter, rev limiter, and temp the fans come on at

Advanced Tuner
    No, generator voltage is 14, the voltage going into the PCM is 12, where you want it.

Also, download the newest version again (2.1.11 beta). Keith put some new stuff in there to test related specifically to the gauges resetting.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    mine does the samething. scared the piss out of me the first time it happen when i shut my laptop when i was driving.

Tuner
    Mine does the same thing, I've gotten used to it now, but it still freaks you out, lol. I've noticed that mine is the only one locally that does it, but it's also the only '00+ that we've logged.

Tuner
    hey shifted, where do i get 2.1.11 Beta? I'm running 2.1.10 right now...

Please test the new beta version and get back to me.

Nobody has confirmed that the issue still exists or has been solved with the new beta.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Please test the new beta version and get back to me.

Nobody has confirmed that the issue still exists or has been solved with the new beta.
    I'm running the new version (DL'd a few days ago), and the scanner still causes my guages to reset, and the speed limiter is still there, havn't tested the rev limiter though. I'll try and send my file in this weekend some time.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB
    I'm running the new version (DL'd a few days ago), and the scanner still causes my guages to reset, and the speed limiter is still there, havn't tested the rev limiter though. I'll try and send my file in this weekend some time.
    I lost the speed limiter, but the gauges still reset..... I have the newest beta too........

well, I did some logging in a different car, didn't happen.. I hope this is fixed....

P&P Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah hasn't happened for mine lately either.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner
    Mine still does it, along with any other '00+ cars that I've logged, regardless of software version (I'm using .12).

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I spoke too soon, mine did it again last night after a logging run.

I was wrong.. Mine is still doing it... I was out with y2kzman tonight having a lil fun and I noticed it did it twice...

P&P Tuning

Potential Tuner
    Does the same thing with a tech2, I think it is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by tinytim12333
    Does the same thing with a tech2, I think it is normal.
    I dont ever recall them doing this with a Tech 2..... GM Tech over 10 years and used to own my own T2... I never once had it do this...

P&P Tuning

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260
    I dont ever recall them doing this with a Tech 2..... GM Tech over 10 years and used to own my own T2... I never once had it do this...
    It did it with both of my cavaliers. Most of the time it was when you were switching screens. But every once in a while it would do it out of no where.

Quote Originally Posted by tinytim12333
    It did it with both of my cavaliers. Most of the time it was when you were switching screens. But every once in a while it would do it out of no where.
    Ok, I know what you are talking about... That was when it was checking Class 2 data... I would not think that the HPT would be doing that... This is almost like it loses its connection and tries to re establish it..

P&P Tuning

Welp, its back to having this issue again....I thought it was my old laptop, but it is doing it with my brand new one.... Its like is tries to reconnect for no reason.. The other night it did it every 15 seconds... Please help... Its hard to datalog like this....

P&P Tuning

Tuner
    you guys still having this issue?

I haven't run my car in about a month or so due to a mechanical problem, but every few minutes, my gauges reset and the HPT log screen has to reconnect with the car

this is on the latest software btw unsure of the version number...