Thread: 07 L61 no throttle in neutral/park? Also harder shifts in L or I why?

Tuner in Training

07 GEN2 L61 no throttle in neutral/park? Also harder shifts in L or I why?

First off vehicle is a 07 Saturn ion with the 2.2L ecotec L61 and 4t45e auto. Everything has been fine for the most part besides a couple odd things that im not understanding. Before getting to problem #1 this issue started today after i detailed the car including spraying out the engine bay with a garden hose (i let it all dry with a fan for about 5 hours before getting back into it).

#1 and the main reason im making the thread, Every so often after driving a bit the car will NOT rev in neutral or park at all. I can log the pedal showing me 100% position but the TPS showing no change and nothing happening. Ive been through the file changing every possible ETC parameter in it to see if maybe it would help but nothing does. When i go into reverse or drive its like it remembers me mashing the pedal and will flair up as if im brake torquing, this happens only sometimes. When the car is cold it revs normally as it should no matter what. I logged two logs earlier tonight the 1st (nothrottle.hpl)where you can see me mashing down on the accelerator and the value go to max but the engine completely unresponsive, the second (30minlater.hpl) is after leaving it sit for 30mins no changes at all and it revs just like normal. Now that made me think maybe it had something to do with reducing power output when coolant is hot but that idea turned false after i went to walmart and came out in 5 mins and idled til it was 200* and it revved totally normal. Its like it has a mind of its own and its really pissing me off. Could it be the TPS or throttle internally is going bad or could this actually be something in the tune triggering it? (will be flashing to oem tune tomorrow to see if it still does it but any ideas are helpful until then)

#2 Ive noticed that when i have my shifter in L or I it will make the 1-2 shift much firmer then when i leave it in drive. That makes no sense to me considering all the pressures, shift times etc for all the maps usable are the same. Does putting the shifter in L somehow make the TCC lock up through the shift or something? And when i say much firmer im talking its fast and crisp in drive but it will sqwak tires shifting when leaving it in L or I.
    Last edited by Builtperformance; 07-14-2017 at 03:50 AM. Reason: removed attached files

Tuner in Training
    Something to note, when this throttle situation happens it feels like a car does in reduced power mode. In the attached log in my first post the throttle does literally nothing but i see in other instances i do get up to 8% which is the max throttle allowed under reduced power mode. There is however no CEL or messages on the dash. I would just try changing the values in airflow-electronic throttle-reduced power mode to mimic values of the map A normal tables just as a test but i see the big disclaimer on the bottom when selecting these "WARNING MODIFY TABLE AT OWN RISK, incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable.

So, id rather not brick the PCM but does anyone know if that applys to this vehicle? I know there is no external TAC module logic, its all controlled by the PCM on this application.

Going to flash a 100% stock map on the vehicle (besides the maf low and high to compensate for the aftermarket intake) and see what, if any changes occur with the dead throttle in P/N. Will update when i know.

Tuner in Training
    ok so... after reading a bit about the issues guys were experiancing with 07 TBSS and others that use the same E67 ECM os i started changing things in the trans section of the TCM to see if it for some reason effected things. Much to my suprise i changed two things and its completely gone now. trans-tq management diff score to disabled from enabled. Then i put the torque reduction pattern X back to stock and now its totally cured in all situations i even was revving stationary for a bit to get it hot and the IATs hot to make sure there was no trigger there. Golden. Even with tq reduction stock the increased line pressure and shift times feel fine. I would have to assume since this changed it for some reason something was triggering the TCM to tell the ECM to activate abuse mode. Either way now that its not im a happy camper.

In other news if anyone has any ideas about the transmission portion of my orig post that would be excellent. Just want to make sure im not going to kill the trans if its shifted with L to I to D rather then leaving it in D since there is that change i mentioned. Thanks!