Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.0 ficm tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    For all those who don't know, spoofing the FICM does work within reason. However there are potentially severe side effects. Be careful, make changes in moderation and always datalog what's going on. That includes connecting to the ICP on the analog cable inputs so you can see what it's actually doing.

It really screws up torque calculations and skews transmission adaptives. I have seen them go for roughly 10,000 miles and all of a sudden the trans adapts stick at minimum adaptive. That's right, I didn't stutter, MINIMUM and the trans will do nothing but slip at anything more than 15% throttle. No joke this happened with a SCT can calibration.

I'm not saying don't do it but if you do it for a customer you better damn well know what you are doing.
    im probably blind but can you point me in the right direction for how to make sure my tune is using stock calibration for icp sensor, im teaching myself tuning starting with my 05 6.0 ps and i am modifying an sct performance canned tune while comparing to my stock file etc and since ive paid for ficm licensing i want to tune right instead of icp fooling.. also im assuming cheating fuel density would cause all the same problems?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Kill the adpatives in the TCM file and tune oncoming and offgoing pressure tables to compensate for no adaptives.

These trucks run so much better without the BS CLADP screwing with everything.

Update your software and its now there, I had eric add it in for all trucks 03-16 awhile back.
    in the case of an 05 6.0 psd how do i urn off adaptive with hptuner, i learned a while back it made a huge difference killing it with snapon scanner but i assume it turns it back on every time i reprogram so keep going in and rekilling it with scanner, im finally upgrading from handheld to tuning myself because my sct is less than reliable, edge shifts funny, and dont like the "custom" tunes ive bought however im teaching myself by comparing the ones that didnt fail checksum when read from truck

Edit found this that answered most of my question

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-CLADP-disable
    Last edited by anewmans11; 10-01-2020 at 03:05 AM.