Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Buick encore 1.4 turbo

Tuner in Training

2017 Buick encore 1.4 turbo

What is eta on support for 2017 Buick Encore 1.4 turbo ?

Advanced Tuner
    Have you just tried a read from the vehicle with the newest software version of Hptuners? If so and wouldn't read then send the info log to Hptuners support and they can work on seeing if they can get the pcm/os supported if it's not yet.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Tuner in Training
    thnaks for yuo reply

I'd like to see this too, (we also own one), but unfortunately I was told I'd need to remove the ECM to get to the barcode, which I don't feel comfortable doing.

Tuner in Training
    i can read my encore
    i add my file
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was able to read mine too, and emailed it to HPTuners support, but they didn't know what ECM I had, and asked me to pull the ECM (by the battery under the hood) to get a clear picture of the barcode.

Tuner in Training
    the technical support (willian ) tall me i can tune my vehicle

Advanced Tuner
    Looking at Buick's site, it's still a port-injected 1.4T which means it uses the E78 GM's been using since ~2010. I know for 2017, it's the E78A that has the new read encryption that requires you to be connected to the internet when attempting to read the first time, then you need to try it again after 30min as HPT will send your computer the correct bootloader unlock code to allow you to read it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

This vehicle is supported in the 3.7 beta software.

Tuner in Training
    my encore it is tuned now

Quote Originally Posted by TownDrunk View Post
    I'd like to see this too, (we also own one), but unfortunately I was told I'd need to remove the ECM to get to the barcode, which I don't feel comfortable doing.
    Some GM cars have the ECM out front and easy to get at.
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Quote Originally Posted by Luis_Panic View Post
    my encore it is tuned now
    Can I ask what you changed? I'm pretty comfortable with my Volt, but it's a completely different animal than the turbo on my Encore.

Advanced Tuner
    Can I ask what you changed? I'm pretty comfortable with my Volt, but it's a completely different animal than the turbo on my Encore.
    Play with the Peak Torque table, Boost Limits, and Base DC to start. There's a small write-up on the Sonicownersforum with some helpful tips as well, a quick Google should get you there!
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...

Sounds like you mean the sticky: http://www.sonicownersforum.com/foru...ing-1-4-a.html

Thanks I'll take a look at it when I get a chance, but the body shop will have it for about a week (clear coat coming off the bumper) so won't be able to do much with it, except maybe read-all and license it.

I wanted to play with the shift points to make it a bit more responsive for city driving without getting into the turbo. Published zero to 60 times for the Encore are better than my 3500 lb 1.4 liter Volt, yet it drives like a dog for normal driving. Too bad they didn't think to add a sport mode button.

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like you mean the sticky: http://www.sonicownersforum.com/foru...ing-1-4-a.html

Thanks I'll take a look at it when I get a chance, but the body shop will have it for about a week (clear coat coming off the bumper) so won't be able to do much with it, except maybe read-all and license it.

I wanted to play with the shift points to make it a bit more responsive for city driving without getting into the turbo. Published zero to 60 times for the Encore are better than my 3500 lb 1.4 liter Volt, yet it drives like a dog for normal driving. Too bad they didn't think to add a sport mode button.
    Yes, play with the TCM side a BUNCH. GM likes to make their transmissions shift soft and smooth, great for most people but for those who care it's horrible. Shoot me a PM when you have it back and I'm happy to help review your tune and offer some pointers!
    ~Erik~

My tuning buddy has years of experience and has been looking at it too, but he's about 8 states away so tuning blind.

Play with yours a bit and I'll do the same and we can compare later.

Thanks again.

Modifying MAP A will help a lot.

Last edited by TownDrunk; 07-25-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Looking at Buick's site, it's still a port-injected 1.4T which means it uses the E78 GM's been using since ~2010. I know for 2017, it's the E78A that has the new read encryption that requires you to be connected to the internet when attempting to read the first time, then you need to try it again after 30min as HPT will send your computer the correct bootloader unlock code to allow you to read it.
    The E78A is used in the Direct Injection "new version" 1.4 Turbo with aluminum block.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinto7 View Post
    The E78A is used in the Direct Injection "new version" 1.4 Turbo with aluminum block.
    Encore Sport, or the Opel version sans badging but extra sound deadening.